Summer 2020 Is Cancelled?!

Warning GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Who would’ve thought we all would be stuck at home, not able to continue our second semester at school?? I think we all knew how dangerous and very serious the coronavirus was while still being at school, but how would we know it would get this crazy by this time? I’ve only been stuck in the house for about 3 weeks now but it feels like an eternity! For the amount of time I’ve been cooped up in the house, I had to keep myself occupied with other entertaining things besides the boatload of homework I had. So what did I do?? Yup, you guessed it… ONLINE SHOPPING!! Due to the coronavirus, a lot of stores and online stores have stopped shipping out merchandise until further notice, but the one online shop that stayed active throughout this pandemic is my all-time favorite… Fashion Nova! Because the virus has made a huge impact on the world and none of us really know when it’ll get better, who knows if summer 2020 will happen?! But just in case it does… I had to get ready for it! Below are a few cute pieces I ordered from Fashion Nova for the summer!  

#1: Playing It Plaid Skort Set!

The first thing that caught my eye after getting onto the site, was this really cute 2 piece skort set. I remember in elementary and early middle school when skorts were popular but I never had any interest in owning one… however, things changed and this set had my name written all over it! Pairing this extremely adorable set with a pair of white slip-on vans or black laced up gladiator sandals would be the perfect look for a casual hot summer day.

Playing It Plaid Skort Set - Red/combo

#2: Mai Tai Babe Pant Set! 

As you can see, I’m all about the sets! This really cute 2 piece set caught my attention at the right time! Every summer my family and I try to plan what we like to call, “Family Fun Day,” at least once throughout the three months all us kids are home. For these specific events, we like to have it based on a theme. Last summer it was based on all our favorite sports, and the summer before that was candy themed. Hopefully this summer, our theme is going to be tropical/ Hawaii. So I thought this set would go perfectly with the theme. I’m really hoping the summer will be better so this extremely cute outfit won’t go to waste.

Mai Tai Babe Pant Set - White/combo 

#3: My Favorite Romper! 

The name of this piece says it all! I’m not sure about you, but my summers are typically filled with late-night adventures to the park, mall, ice cream shops, and sometimes just to a friend’s house down the street and this outfit is perfect for those out of the blue trips. I had a piece like this in high school and absolutely loved it but unfortunately misplaced it while moving my things to Penn State. But luckily Fashion Nova came to my rescue once again by bringing this piece back on the internet for me to see and purchase! 

My Favorite Romper - Olive/White

#4: Knot Into The Drama Ribbed Halter Dress!

We all need a simple, yet super stylish short dress for the summer that’ll work great for just a casual look for a cookout. I know my family is all about the quality time spent with one other, especially when we all have the time. So for those last-minute cookouts, my aunt and uncle throw together, I’ll actually have the perfect outfit for it! Maybe pairing this dress with either all white converse or short black booties would set the look off! 

Knot Into The Drama Ribbed Halter Dress - Burgundy

** Side Note: Stay safe throughout this crazy pandemic we are currently going through. Wash your hands, and do as much social distancing you can until this hopefully blows over!

2 thoughts on “Summer 2020 Is Cancelled?!

1. I have been doing a lot of online shopping too because of the virus outside. I really like the two-pieces right now! I like stores like fashion nova and shein because they are so cheap. I noticed that some online stores are packaging the clothes separately and sanitizing them more so people don’t get the virus from ordering them, therefore that makes me want to shop even more lol.

2. I loveeee these looks! I know summer might be cancelled, but that’s not going to stop me from splurging – shop till you drop, right? I love the Mai Tai Babe pant set! it’s stylish, youthfully elegant and super form fitting. The pattern is certainly a timeless look and something that you can dress up or dress down. It is a shame that we can’t go see it in person, but we do need something to keep us occupied? Thank god for returns.