Step out of the campus – Mr. Wish

Believe you are all in the middle of a mid-term review or just survived through one already, all I can say is GOOD JOB! We are already halfway through our first college semester, even still confused about how but some rewards are necessary.

One of today’s recommendations can be familiar to many of you – Mr. Wish!

Business Website提供

Mr. Wish is a boba shop with a variety of milk tea and fruit tea for you to choose from, you can detail how much percentage of sugar you want and if you prefer extra ingredients such as taro, boba, coconut, and others. The price is relatively fair compared to other boba shops around downtown, all around 4-6 dollars for small and 5-7 dollars for big cups. But the biggest advantage it has is the location! Mr. Wish is located right across the street from Schreyer’s college and south living dorms, even if you are walking from the west hall, it’s only 6-7 minutes! With this in mind, you can always get a cup of sweet boba to sit through a boring lecture, power through a review session, or a celebration of finishing your class for the day. Here is a little tip, download Snackpass on your phone and always order online. YOU GET FREE BOBA! You may stack up the credits and exchange them for free drinks, and it is cheaper online anyway!

Now I shall navigate you through the menu! First, I can’t imagine anyone disliking Boba, in my mind, there are only two types of people: Boba lovers and people who haven’t tried Boba. If you unfortunately fall into to second category, then I recommend you start your journey with Pearl Milk Tea or Black Tiger Milk. First, you can never go wrong with the classic Pearl Milk Tea, it is everything you can imagine a boba tea to ever be! In addition, you may adjust its flavor as you prefer, I would encourage you to shoot for 30% or 60% sugar so it’s not overwhelming but you still experience the sweetness you should get from a healing drink like this. The classic combo brings you a separated flavor of milk, tea, and boba itself. Then as you taste, they start to react to each other, creating chemistry that you can never expect! And now Black Tiger Milk, even I recommend this to y’all, but it isn’t for rookies! For this one, you MAY NOT change any flavor. If you do not have a sweet tooth like me, you may not enjoy it as much. Black Tiger is a drink that invades your heart with the sweetness and flavor of milk, even the boba is extra sweet! The milk tea first slides in smoothly, creating a dream-like feeling, and then the bouncy Boba drags you back to reality, but soon you will start to sense the sugar in Boba itself, all the sweets are different and unique.

Tiger Milk Tea Recipe (The Easy Guide You Need) - Salty Foodie

And that will be everything for Mr. Wish! I hope this Boba drink can heal your mid-term and wish you preform the best you can!

4 thoughts on “Step out of the campus – Mr. Wish

1. I have been trying to find different boba shops around me and I am so happy that I read your blog post about Mr.Wish! The Snackpass app tip that you gave me is going straight on my phone because I will definitely be rewarding myself a lot with boba. My favorite boba order falls between a classic thai milk tea with boba or a mango milk green tea with boba.

2. I have been trying to find different boba shops around me and I am so happy that I read your blog post about Mr.Wish! The Snackpass app tip that you gave me is going straight on my phone because I will definitely be rewarding myself a lot with boba. My favorite boba order falls between a classic thai milk tea with boba or a mango milk green tea with boba.

3. Ugh. I love boba. I would choose it over Starbucks in a heartbeat (crazy, right?). Mr. Wish is my favorite boba shop in State College. Although, it is my goal to try all of the boba spots in State College so this is subjective to change. My go-to order is the Black Tiger Milk; I would like to branch out but there’s just so many options that I feel overwhelmed so I just stick with my usual! I will be using your Snackpass tip!

4. I’m also a big Mr. Wish fan— my friends and I went there regularly at the beginning of the year before the workload kicked up and our evenings were no longer free. I have something of an aversion to sugary drinks, but I really love boba, so I’ll steal a sip of my friends’ sweet drinks before going back to my 0% sugar extra ice Pearl Milk Tea. There’s something to be said for the balance between a smooth, earthy flavor of tea paired with the textural novelty of tapioca pearls. I love the unique flavors present in the sugarier drinks, but I can’t handle more than a couple sips before the sugar becomes overpowering. I will say to anyone considering ordering from there to avoid the coconut jelly— it is an overly sweet distraction from the tea itself and adds little by way of flavor.