Penn State’s reputation

Along with Nittany Lion and Penn State football, Penn State Ice Cream constructed the  Penn State pride from the ashes! So today, our main character will be the reason for Penn State’s great reputation – PSU Ice Cream

For this post, I would recommend 3 different flavors of them. The best flavors of all are Strawberry and Cookie & Cream (Sorry, chocolate gang, this blog may not fit your taste) with no questions asked, and if you are caffeine addicted like me, give a shot for coffee flavor!

(
(A poll happened between me and my friend)

For the first time at Berkey Creamery, Strawberry won my heart away. With no exaggeration, this refreshed my stereotypes of strawberry flavor ice cream. For the first taste, a minor flavor of sourness from the strawberries themself matched the sweetness from the Ice Cream just right, composing an addiction for me within seconds. In less than a second, a spoon of ice cream starts to melt, quickly spreading the coolness feeling and its taste in my mouth. As the melting process continued, a thick taste of milk and cream began to attack every aspect of your mouth, and it wouldn’t fade in minutes. Before you can express how impressed you are, another round of flavor – fresh strawberries will arrive and finish this with a perfect ending. I wouldn’t suggest a cone over a bowl of strawberries simply because I wish you may enjoy all layers of taste for it, and Penn State Ice Cream melts fast!

Penn State Behrend Alumni Society selling Berkey Creamery ice cream ...

Now it’s Cookie and Cream’s tern, although it is a top choice for many people, it may still strike you with its over-the-top sweetness after a couple of spoons in. But the specialty of Cookie sublimates the entire ice cream to another level, it’s the crunchiness! Especially after you keep it in the fridge for a day or more, a bite of ice cream combined with crunchy cookies in between stimulates an Ice cream sandwich feeling. To pursue an even better combination, ask a cone for this flavor! Not only the cone’s crispiness but also, its bland taste will reduce the sweetness a little.

Keto Coffee Ice Cream Recipe | Tasteaholics

And finally, the special guest for this post – coffee. This is only targeted at all coffee drinkers and caffeine addicts, but if you can’t stand the overwhelming sweetness of other flavors, this may save you. Magically, they removed the bitterness of coffee but kept its odor, so it differs from a coffee candy or sweet coffee cake. Instead, the focus of the entire flavor weighted more on the cream itself than anything else. Due to this reason, all the sugar and coffee blocks are only complements that support the cream itself, every bite is smooth with no taste conflicting with each other.

That is all for my recommendation on PSU Ice Cream! Sorry for y’all chocolate lovers 🙂

5 thoughts on “Penn State’s reputation

1. I love how passionate you are about ice cream. I too am an ice cream connoisseur. I think that you made some very valid points in your blog, especially with the coffee-flavored ice cream. It’s very slept-on. However, strawberry? It’s good, but not top 3. I just think it’s a bit basic and isn’t anything special. If I had to give a recommendation, try pistachio.

2. Hi Robert! I haven’t been back to your blog since early of last semester, but now I’m wondering why I every left! You make food sound so good and I never finish reading your posts without feeling hungry for the foods your recommend. What makes Penn State ice cream so delectable? Does making it fresh really make that much of a difference?

3. I love ice cream. It’s a really bad addiction. Anytime I get dining hall, whether it’s for lunch or dinner, I always get ice cream. It’s my favorite dessert. I am a simple girl, I love a good vanilla ice cream and the Creamery has a pretty good vanilla ice cream. My other favorite is cookies & cream (which you have mentioned). I’ve tried strawberry, it had a hint of strawberry and tasted a lot like dairy (I’m lactose intolerant lol). I’ve recently tried Lion Tracks which I thought was very good! I’m not a chocolate fan, I find it to be very dense and heavy which makes it hard to eat.

4. Berkey Creamery might be one of the top reasons our alumni pride is so strong! I usually order cookies n’ cream when I go to the creamery and I could not agree more with your analysis. I think it’s the best “guaranteed-good” flavor there is anywhere but Berkey makes it special. I haven’t tried strawberry or coffee although the latter is one of my favorite types of ice cream. What flavors do you think they should add? Personally, I’d be inclined to try an ice cream form of Lemon-Lime Celsius!

5. The Penn State Berkey Creamery is a definite stop on campus for prospective students, current students, and visitors alike. I have been there multiple times with friends and family and have gotten to taste a couple great flavors. I have never tried the strawberry flavor but I am now interested in trying something new. What do you think is unique about ice cream specifically that has allowed it to have such a large impact on the Penn State community?