Week #10!!

Another one of my favorite artists that is a more indie style is the Lumineers. They’re an American band that has been around since 2005 and has been making some amazing music ever since.

Their music is a blend of folk, Americana, and rock, with catchy melodies and really amazing lyrics that make me want to sing along. One thing that I really love about the Lumineers is their authenticity. They write songs about real-life experiences and emotions that everyone can relate to. Whether it’s the joy of falling in love or the pain of heartbreak, their music captures the essence of human emotions in a way that few other bands can.

Their hit song “Ho Hey” is an example of an instant classic that has been covered by countless artists. Their albums “The Lumineers” and “Cleopatra” are both masterpieces that are full of amazing tracks.

One of my personal favorite songs from the Lumineers is “Ophelia”. It’s an upbeat and catchy tune that always puts me in a good mood and is such a summer song for me. It reminds me of blasting music with the windows down and driving with my friends in the summer. The song is about a girl who is struggling to find herself and highlights her journey.

Not only do they make amazing music, but the Lumineers also tackle serious issues like addiction, mental health, and social justice in their music as well. For example, their song “Stubborn Love” is a powerful song about the struggles of addiction and recovery, and it’s a song that has helped many people through their own struggles. The song speaks to the idea that love can be both a source of strength and a source of pain when dealing with addiction. It highlights the complexity of addiction and serves as a reminder that recovery is not a linear process, and that setbacks and struggles are a normal part of any journey.

They are also committed to social justice and advocacy. Over the years, the Lumineers have supported numerous social causes and used their platform to raise awareness about important issues affecting their communities and the world.

One of the causes that the Lumineers have been actively involved in is the fight against hunger and poverty. In 2017, the band partnered with the nonprofit organization Conscious Alliance to launch a food drive during their “Cleopatra World Tour”. The band encouraged their fans to bring non-perishable food items to their concerts, which were then donated to local food banks and other organizations that support people in need.

The Lumineers have also been vocal supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement and have used their music to amplify the voices of those fighting for racial justice. Their music video for the song “Ophelia” features a diverse cast of characters, including people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities, sending a powerful message of inclusion and equality.

Overall, the Lumineers are a band that truly has a passion for their music and their fans. They write beautiful and relatable music that I really love listening to. If you haven’t listened to their music yet, then I highly recommend that you do. You won’t be disappointed!

Album of the Week: The Lumineers, 'Cleopatra'The Lumineers (album) - Wikipedia

2 thoughts on “Week #10!!

1. I love Ophelia! It is one of my all-time favorite songs. I loved reading your blogs throughout the semester, especially how you showed what other involvements these artists have other than music.