Showtime

I didn’t want to get my hopes up about showing this semester because everyone always kept saying that it was rare because of

1. how limited the entries are
  2. how big our team is

But I worked hard all semester and kept my fingers crossed for luck that I would have the opportunity to show, and all my work and hoping paid off because this past weekend I was picked to show in the flat.

I was beyond excited I couldn’t help but smile when I found out and I just couldn’t contain my excitement over the fact that I got to show! I was jumping up and down and just kept repeating to myself “I’m showing, I’m showing” to keep reminding myself that it was real and it wasn’t a dream.

We had to drive 3 and half hours to get to the show, so we left late Friday afternoon, only making one very necessary stop at Panera along the way so that we could indulge in the worlds best mac and cheese.

There’s 8 of us all sleeping in one room we are all sprawled out trying to fall asleep but as always when you put a bunch of friends in the same room someone starts laughing and that sets off a chain reaction so we all ended up getting a lot less sleep than we planned.

We were all wearing layers upon layers upon more layers because it was so cold if you took you glove off for than a minute your hand started going numb but I didn’t care I was to focus on my teammates and not only watching but cheering them on as they rode before me.

We all fed off of each other’s successes as ribbon after ribbon went to the Penn State Equestrian team and I hoped I could keep that going when I walked into the ring.

I was riding this little-thoroughbred horse named Minnie, she was perfect I couldn’t have asked for a better ride, she gave me the confidence I needed and I knew my team and coaches were right there rooting for my success and honestly, that’s all I needed.

Riding has always been an individual sport for me I’ve never had a team to ride on yeah I had my barn but it’s not the same as riding for a team and now I understand why.

We all earned our spot out there in the show ring, and we all know that .we all care about each other doing well and we are all friends and that is what made this show special because not only did I walk out of the ring with a 4th place ribbon I walked out of the ring knowing that I was there because I deserved to be there and because I earned it.

I couldn’t be happier to call all of them my teammates and best friends and it was amazing to get share the team’s success of being high point team this weekend! Nationals here we come! Ride on State!