Tomorrowland

Tomorrowland 2012 Day 1Although I usually discuss a song each week, I’m going to try something a little different. This week I’m going to talk about Tomorrowland, which is an annual huge EDM concert that takes place in Belgium. The concert is meant to be an international event, bringing together thousands of people from across the world to share their love of dance and music. Last year, over 75 countries were represented out of 180,000 attendees. The first Tomorrowland occurred on August 14, 2005 and had only 10,000 attendees. Tomorrowland 2006 only saw a slight increase in popularity, with 15,000 attending. It was until 2007 that Tomorrowland began to grow both in attendance and magnitude. 2007 was the first year Tomorrowland lasted 2 days with around 50,000 attendees. From 2007 on, Tomorrowland became incredibly popular, allowing the show to have more artists, more stages, and more fun.

tumblr_m7x8xy9eMQ1qbo68zo1_1280

The theme of Tomorrowland is entering into a fairytale with thousands of other people and having an experience you’ll never forget. The entire set for Tomorrowland is decorated like a fairytale, with larger-than-life costumes and special effects. Recent artists included David Guetta (who has participated since 2006), Swedish House Mafia, Avicii, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Skrillex, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Nervo, and Hardwell. These are some of the biggest artists in EDM, which attracts a lot of attention from fans. Tomorrowland 2012 consisted of 400 DJs spread out across 15 stages. Having such a variety of DJs and stages gives fans a ton of options and endless possibilities.

Because Tomorrowland has grown so popular, the creators decided to start “Tomorrow World.” No information has been given about Tomorrow World yet besides that the show will be held between September 27-29 this fall. Rumors have pointed to a possible North American venue, but no confirmation has been given.

tomorrowland-2012-hd-wallpaper-carpet-of-people

Tomorrowland is truly amazing. While music festivals tend to be popular, few compare to what Tomorrowland does. Hundreds of thousands of people come from all over the world because of how amazing it truly is. I plan to attend Tomorrowland during the Summer of 2014 and I couldn’t be more excited!

You MUST watch Tomorrowland to truly see how crazy it is. Here’s the 2012 aftermovie:

8 thoughts on “Tomorrowland

1. Pingback: 5 Giant Fancy Trance Dance Orgies For You

2. Pingback: 5 Festivals You Must Attend

3. Pingback: 5 Festivals You Must Attend

4. Pingback: MUSIC: Tomorrowland | Greatest Festivals in the World

5. Pingback: Tomorrowland! | Dustin Paisley

6. The only music festival I’ve had the luck to attend was Identity Festival and I can only imagine how exponentially more fun Tomorrowland would be. I love that instead of being just a concert, Tomorrowland is more of an attempt to experience a different reality.

7. This looks so amazing. I’ve always wanted to go to EDC but none of my friends are into that kind of music so i’m left in the dust. This sounds so cool and those artists you mentioned are some of my favorites. I would totally go if I had the chance.

8. This looks like so much fun. I’ve been to a couple of music festivals like Bonnaroo and Firefly (I bet you’ve heard of them) but never one like Tomorrowland. I’ve heard about it and it sounds awesome. If I got the chance I’d definitely go.