This I Believe

Two Ideas for “This I Believe:”

1. I believe in the importance of stopping – In one’s life in general, there always seems to be a lot going on. Especially as a college student, one’s days are filled with balancing classes, completing homework, hanging out with friends, extracurricular responsibilities, self-care, and plenty more. Within all of that chaos, many (including myself) struggle to find anytime for myself or to simply just stop. I truly do believe in the importance of taking the time to stop amidst chaos and appreciate the things going right in your life, find gratitude for the things/people/events/hobbies that one has, and to simply take a second to breathe.
  2. I believe in the power of playing cards – Cards, at least for my family, have always been played after dinner during every family reunion and large gathering. Not only does learning how to play cards give one a unique sill set and ability to think critically, but it brings people together, all sitting around a table or on the floor, no phones in sight, and just enjoying something together. For me, some of the most eye-opening and heartfelt conversations have happened over cards and there’s simply nothing like it.

Passion Blog

Two Ideas for Passion Blog:

1. My first idea for the passion blog is a continuation of the blog which I created last semester focusing on history. My blog centered around historical events which happened “x amount of years ago,” however, I would usually focus on events or people which were not well known or recognizable. I really enjoyed working on this blog last semester as it gave me a chance to highlight significant European events which had occurred or overview an European leader who was foundational in their specific area.
  2. My second idea for the passion blog would focus on the evolution of #BookTok and it’s impact on the rise (and fall) of the popular books seen on TikTok. Each blog post would focus on one particular book and go through it’s overview plot (like what is on the back cover with no spoilers), a short description of the author, and lastly, an analysis of what “BookTok” thought of the book. I feel that this blog would help to highlight both books people have and have not enjoyed and show readers other works completed by authors that they may have enjoyed previously.

Civic Issues Blog

Two Ideas for Civic Issues Blog:

1. Animal Cruelty – Animal Cruelty is a complex topic in that it oftentimes hides underneath larger, more focused on issues, and thus, struggles to get the attention and focus that it deserves. Through this blog, I would look into current practices within governments, companies, and well-known attractions and explain controversial ideas and debates which have previously been held.
  2. Environmental Issues – Most in our world are well aware of the failing status of our environment and the constant exploitation which occurs in order to gain access to natural resources. This blog would expand on that information and begin to discuss the key players in the current environmental crisis, both good and bad, as well as the role that current everyday citizens play in worsening or relieving the current status.