Message from the Director

Dear Paterno Fellows,

On the last day of class, I want to wish you much inspiration in studying for finals and send you my best wishes for a summer filled with adventure and learning.  We want to encourage all Paterno Fellows to study abroad, to do internships and to devote the summer of your junior year to thesis research.  Remember, if you haven’t yet applied to the Career Enrichment Network for funding to support these activities, there is still time.  They accept applications on a rolling basis.  Start dreaming!

Next year, once again, we will have a full line up of speakers and artists during our Wednesday Lunch with Honors series in W-023 Pattee.  Please feel free to come by! All are welcome. We will have two one-credit seminars for PFs next year, one in Psychology and the other in literature and the visual arts, taught by professors from Jerusalem and Osaka, Japan.  Watch the Tuesday announcements for details.  We will also sponsor a performance and reception with the School of Theater in early October.  In short, there is already much that awaits your return!

I, however, will be on sabbatical next year in Berlin writing a book on public space, protest and the war between Russia and Ukraine.  In my absence, please welcome the Interim Director, Donna Bahry, who is a professor in the Department of Political Science.  I will miss all of you but I look forward to seeing you and celebrating your accomplishments when I return.

And to our 76 graduates, who will be the first PFs to wear stoles at graduation to mark their accomplishments, let me say that it has been my privilege to work with you.  I have learned much from you and I wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.  Please come back to visit us!

Catherine Wanner
Barry Director, Paterno Fellows Program