Pedagogy can be described as the art and science of teaching. Through the use of carefully selected pedagogical approaches, students become more engaged in the learning process. The approaches included as Teaching and Learning with Canvas resources focus on theory and/or research-based practices that can be used in any instructional format, including residential instruction, online learning, and blended classrooms.
These pedagogical approaches give instructors clear purpose for why Canvas and other technologies should be considered in order to improve student success.
Each pedagogical approach is described in a clear and concise format so you can quickly and easily understand how they can be used to engage students. Based on learning theory research, each approach:
- Begins with an overview and suggested uses for the pedagogical approach
- Describes how to integrate the approach with Canvas and other technologies
- Shares the potential impact on learning
- Includes different ways to approach assessment
- Lists things to consider for successful integration
- Provides a bibliography for source information and further exploration