We are happy to announce that we are offering a 3-day workshop at Penn State Brandywine in Media PA. Participation is free, and lunch is provided, but there are only 25 seats. Participants will be chosen on a first-come-first-served basis. Participants providing their PPID can earn 18 continuing education credits. Workshops will run July 31 – August 2, 8:30am-3:30pm, with lunch provided each day.
The workshops will focus on math content from grades 5-8, and will be open to both newcomers to PMI and to those who have already participated in prior PMI workshops. Topics to discuss include:
- Making sense of decimals, negative numbers, rational numbers, and irrational numbers
- Using ratios, proportions, and percentages flexibly to solve problems
- Mathematical modeling with linear equations
- Teaching through rich problems and discussion
- Leveraging conceptual understanding to build procedural fluency
- Unpacking the Standards of Mathematical Practice