Reconectando con Mark Diaz

Image result for penn state law immigration clinic

This summer I am working with Professor Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia, the Director of the Center for Immigrants’ Rights Clinic at Penn State Law. Professor Wadhia is well-known in the immigration realm for her cutting-edge publications uncovering the subtleties and realities of prosecutorial discretion and immigration enforcement. Some of the work I have been doing has been in the clinical capacity, as I was a clinical student last semester, and some has been in the research capacity. For the Clinic, I have been involved in providing unbiased information regarding the pressing immigration issues of the moment. For example, the Clinic hosted a family separation/detention information session, and released two fact sheets to bring light to the law and policy surrounding family separation. Some of the case work from the Spring semester has also, fortunately, carried on into the summer.  In my research ! capacity, I have been involved with Professor Wadhia’s persona! l, non-clinic related, publications. I’m look forward to next semester when I will be continuing my work as a research assistant for Professor Wadhia as well as earning five more credits in the Advanced Immigration Clinic.