2020-2021 EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS

President

Alexis Castillo

Hello! My name is Alexis Castillo. I am excited to serve as LLSA’s president, foster diversity, and meet all interested students.  I am a current 2L with an interest in family law and immigration law. I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. I attended the University of Texas at Austin and double majored in Political Communications and Government. I served as president of my honor society at UT. Professionally, I have had the privilege of working for a Texas state senator, a child advocacy organization (CASA), and an immigrant advocacy center. In my time not spent reading for class, I train in MMA, do puzzles, and work on photography.

Vice President

Diego Garcia

Hello, my name is Diego Garcia. I studied Political Science at Montana State University before attending Penn State Law. I have worked in a multitude of industries including customer service, restaurant, and construction. I am focusing primarily on business litigation and hope to land a job with a law firm after graduation. Later in life, I would like to start my own small practice to be able to enjoy my hobbies including, skiing, fishing, camping, and being outdoors.

Secretary

Genesis Monserrate

Hi! My name is Genesis Monserrate. I am a current 3L with an interest in business law, specifically commercial transactions. I was born in Puerto Rico and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. Prior to law school, I was a journalism major and served as President for the National Association of Hispanic Journalists chapter at Arizona State University. I’m excited to continue promoting diversity at Penn State Law and I look forward to being a resource to present and future law students!

Treasurer

Jacob Bies

Hello, I’m from Yankton, South Dakota, I studied Spanish at South Dakota State University for my undergrad, and I want to practice in immigration law, with a focus on its intersection with labor law. For hobbies, I like to cook, hike, and play games of any sort (video, card, board, etc.).

Outreach & Recruitment

Nathaly Olivero-Ramirez

.

I am an upcoming 2L born to Dominican parents and raised in Puerto Rico. I received my bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Law and Society at the University of Puerto Rico. I have an interest in criminal law and corporate law. Previously I interned for the Department of Justice of Puerto Rico under SIJC. During my free time, I enjoy watching tv dramas from different countries and rooting for my favorite figure skater, Yuzuru Hanyu.

1L Representative