A Letter From Our 2020-2021 President

By: Jarod Kutz

As I enter the summer with the knowledge that I will serve as Penn State’s PRSSA Chapter President for the 2020-2021 academic year, I could not be more thankful for the opportunity and what’s to come. I would first like to commend the seniors and the executive board of the organization for all of their hard work and diligence all year, even after we were interrupted with a global pandemic. I have learned so much from everyone involved and am more than happy to have been a part of the Lawrence G. Foster Chapter during my time at Penn State.

I want to personally thank our former president, Corinne Findlay, and our former vice presidents, Kristina Hahn (Fall) and Emily Dessel (Spring). Our chapter was in great hands under your leadership and I hope to continue the success you brought to the organization. I wish you all the best moving forward in life and I see bright futures for the three of you!

The newly elected vice president, Ellie Stewart, and I are excited to lead PRSSA in the upcoming school year. We have various plans for the organization, including the introduction of a new Diversity & Inclusion Chair position. The purpose of this position is to establish relationships with the many Offices of Diversity & Inclusion among the University’s colleges, work with the Director of Recruitment in efforts to diversify aspects of membership, provide leadership and advocate for the importance of diversity in our industry, and much more. We look forward to what this new chair position has to offer our organization as well as the university. Ellie and I cannot wait to get to work with our new executive board and chairmen, as we also have some other ideas for the organization in regards to restructuring the committees and chapter bonding.

If anyone has any questions about joining PRSSA or wants to know more about the organization, please do reach out to me at jarodkutz53@gmail.com. I greatly appreciate this opportunity and hope to see our returning members as well as new ones back on campus in the fall. Stay tuned and follow @PennStatePRSSA on Twitter and Instagram and The Penn State Chapter of PRSSA on Facebook for news regarding involvement fairs and events next semester!

Be the first to comment on "A Letter From Our 2020-2021 President"