Pheobe

I’ve been waiting to meet Pheobe for a while now, and to be honest she is exactly what I pictured her as. A ten year old wiz. I feel like I have a certain spot in my heart for Pheobe just as holden does, the way she acts is so mature and unlike a ten year old I can finally see exactly why Holden has this special love for her. I can certainly tell that Pheobe does not over analyze her family situation but in no way leaves it to be just the way it is. I can see she has an absolutely perfect balance with her conception of holden, and reality. Reality says that Holden is everything we’ve been discussing in class, which I doubt she isn’t completely unaware of, and the way she sees him as her older brother. I can’t tell if she is on a level to be able to analyze her brother in an orderly fashion so that she’d be able to refrain from pushing certain buttons, or that her mind goes completely out the door when holden is actually in front of her face. I don’t doubt that she is able to comprehend a slight amount of the actual situation with holden, but I question whether she is able to keep those thoughts while he is in-front of her, it must be overwhelming for a ten year old, but with what we’ve read about Pheobe before we were introduced to her, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I still haven’t wrapped my hands around my opinion of holden, his actions character a psycho but something tells me that he has somewhat of a good reason to act the way he does. With his family neglecting him in these type of circumstances I certainly don’t blame him for his actions, but I wonder whether as a kid with his background, with such an intelligent gene pool, should we expect holden to see the light?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.