Defying expectations: This cat only had one life

STATE COLLEGE – Is there life after death? No one can say for certain. Although, as one exceptional feline proved, it is quite possible to break cultural norms post-mortem.

Lucky, who failed to live up to his name, was struck by a speeding car while attempting to cross Beaver Avenue. He was killed instantly, but his legacy lives on. Through his abrupt passing, Lucky has challenged the preconceived notion that all cats possess nine lives.

“I thought that the cat would just get up and walk it off, but he didn’t even land on his feet,” said Joseph Young (senior-mechanical engineering), the driver responsible for Lucky’s untimely demise. “It wasn’t until after a few minutes had passed and he was still dead, that I realized that I was a part of something big.”

There are some, however, who refuse to believe that Lucky had but one life to live.

Said Linda Freeman (junior-political science), “I don’t buy it. That furball had to have used up his other eight lives before getting hit by that car. Next, they’ll try telling us that you actually can teach an old dog new tricks.”

Nevertheless, Lucky’s outstanding contributions for humanity have not gone unnoticed. According to an announcement made by the Nobel Committee, he is set to become the first feline to posthumously receive the Nobel Peace Prize. The ceremony will take place December 10thin Oslo, Norway, and Lucky will not be in attendance.