Unemployed college graduate connects with strangers on LinkedIn just to feel something

Reported by Alise Deveney |
PARENTS’ BASEMENT — One unemployed college graduate has started requesting and connecting with total strangers on the professional networking website LinkedIn; if only to feel anything at all.
Wayne Fuller, 26, has been without a job since graduating from Penn State University in 2015. During this time, Fuller has been continually spurned by potential employers, thus causing him to forget what it means to be alive.
“Eventually, I realized that when someone tells you that they’ll be in touch after an interview, they’re lying,” said Fuller. With each rejection, Fuller says he was losing his humanity.
“In college, I was the guy with the cool internships. Other students always wanted me to talk about my work experience. They’d ask me questions like, ‘how was your summer?’ or ‘who are you and why are you talking to me?’ Now, I’m barely able to get an interview.”
“At this point, the only thing that’s sustaining me is connecting with people on LinkedIn that I don’t even know. I get an indescribable rush every time one of these strangers looks at my profile.”
Phroth reached out to one of Fuller’s many LinkedIn connections, Sharon Brandt, for comment.
“I think I knew Wayne in high school, but I’m honestly not too sure,” said Brandt.
At the time of this article’s publishing, Fuller is still without employment. He bravely continues to hold out for a management position.