Op-Ed: Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink but you still choose to eat some

|By Nikhil Nayyar|

Listen. You’ve heard it. I’ve heard it. We’ve all heard it. Each member of our society has an opinion, but guess what, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink. Yet, not enough credence is given to such as statement. I mean, don’t we as a society choose to eat some assholes?

I ask this not as an abstract thought experiment. Rather, the physical act of eating ass is just a concrete realization of our most latent desires. Within the humble bosom of our upbringing, we are taught a certain credo or belief, something to ground our thoughts, our nature in a constructed reality. This reality is meant to keep us stable, to make sure we as children are not lost in the churn of growing up.

Yet, I would argue, there is no better representation of a willingness to find peace in this world.

We eat ass.

We choose to embrace the opinions of some and to reject the assess, err… the opinions of others.

I am proud to say it. I would eat Elizabeth Warren’s ass but would avoid Joe Biden’s to no end.

I am subject to the carnal existence of the human condition.

Opinions are like assholes. They are stinky, full of shit; they are waiting for the moment to erupt in an explosion of sheer ignorance on Twitter, the proverbial toilet of the Internet. Yet, we choose to eat some, despite the disgusting messes made in such a place.

With this consideration in mind, there is only but one question to ask. I eat ass. Do you?