Fun "Do It Yourself" Projects

Step By Step Instructions on Tackling Fun and Easy Do It Yourself Projects

Make your Own Stickers

on February 13, 2018

Stickers are something that everyone loves. Putting stickers on things like Laptops, Notebooks, and Phone Cases has become a major trend among teens. With the increasing demand for stickers, however, comes an increase in price to purchase these stickers at local shops or online. Redbubble, a popular website that most people purchase their stickers from, sell normal sized stickers for about $3 and larger stickers for about $5.

I am guilty of loving stickers, like most, however I am not willing to pay three dollars for a piece of paper with an adhesive back. So, this summer, I sought other ways to get stickers that would be much cheaper. I was luckily able to find a sticker maker on amazon that had good reviews, was easy to use, and wasn’t too expensive. I purchased the sticker maker and it was everything I wanted and more (I would highly recommend you do the same if you have a similar obsession with stickers). Displayed below is the sticker maker and the name you have to type into amazon to find it and purchase it.

Xyron XRN500EN 5 Inch Create-a-Sticker Machine

This summer, I also attended a lot of graduation parties. This was the perfect thing for grad gifts because all I had to do was print out the image that I wanted to make into a sticker, put it through the sticker machine by turning the knob, and it would come out the other side as that image with an adhesive back. This was perfect for personalizing gifts. Everyone loved the stickers I made them.

Here is a picture of my laptop that has all stickers that I made with my sticker maker:

If you do not want to purchase your own sticker maker, just hit me up. I am starting my own business and will be selling stickers for only $1 (soooo much cheaper and more customizable than redbubble). All you have to do is print out the picture however you want it to appear on the sticker (developed photograph, black and white, or colored print), give it to me, and I will do the rest. If interested, you can text me @ 484-868-8820 🙂

Hope you are inspired by this blog post to save money lol

-Em

5 Responses to “Make your Own Stickers”

1. Mike Pagan says:

Emily,
    This is a cool, entrepreneurial idea. I appreciate the plug at the end of the post. Certainly laptop stickers are a big thing, it is interesting to get an idea of people’s interests based on stickers they choose to display on their technology. It was a good idea to purchase a sticker maker. Based on the amount of stickers it sounds like you’ve made, it has probably saved you quite a bit of money.

2. Jay says:

Emily, this is easily the best blog you have done. While the idea of stickers is simple, you did an amazing job of marketing it. I like stickers but wouldn’t say I have an obsession with them. However, if I know someone that’s interested I’m definitely recommending you. Great job!

3. Cassady Potts says:

This is a really smart business idea, and I always see people with stickers on their laptop. I had some from redbubble but they were so expensive, I probably just should have bought a sticker maker like you. If I hear of anyone wanting to buy from redbubble I will tell them to contact you instead!

4. Abby Riggio says:

I have never been exposed to laptop stickers until coming here and I never thought that I too would fall into the trap of buying them. However, I love studying other people’s laptop stickers because you can learn a lot about the person who owns them. This is such an interesting idea for a business as well!

5. Adriana says:

This is honestly such a genius idea, especially with the college crowd – since laptops are pretty integral to most of the coursework an average Penn State student will complete, stickers are becoming increasingly popular. I have been using Redbubble for my stickers and I see what you’re talking about. Even with their half off discount for 10 stickers, it usually comes to $10-$15 total. I think making your own is a frugal way to personalize your belongings and could foster creativity!