This week was a blur of activity in both my research work and exploring. Our team in San Juan has been having a hard time recruiting participants and getting the word out. To help spur further engagement, our group went around to the summer classes that started this past week to announce our studies. From these visits, we gained interest from a decent number of students who we emailed. A few of these students filled out my survey and I was able to schedule them for testing in the upcoming days.

I tested my first participant last Friday. The experiment went very smoothly. I felt as though everything was well set up and prepared for her to come in. In the next few days, I have three other participants scheduled. I am hoping that these tests also run just as smoothly.

Outside of my research work, I have been going to the beach, the mall, and going climbing. I met a few friends while I was climbing at the gym and I am hoping that soon I can find a group to go climbing outdoors with. Caden, Amanda, and I were also taken on a tour of El Yunque by Tiff, a graduate student from Penn State who grew up in Puerto Rico. This experience was incredible. We got to hike up to an amazing view, look at waterfalls, and go down natural water slides. I could not believe how beautiful the rainforest was. I am looking forward to experiencing more of the wonders Puerto Rico has to offer in the upcoming weeks.