Week 4

This week, Pilar decided that I should share participants with Ben. This meant, that I would have upwards to three participants a day depending on how many participants were scheduled for Ben. Since Ben already had quite a few participants, when they did not how up he...

read more

International Time Travel

There are so many things that I have been able to enjoy while abroad. Practicing my Spanish skills, learning about a different culture, and celebrating another country's holiday are a few examples. Also, being introduced to people as "the Americans" has a nice ring to...

read more

PortAventura World and Miró

The past two weeks have been really great. I've kept a steady yet manageable flow of participants, and I only need 3 more before I hit my minimum of 40. I have 4 more people scheduled this week, but in case two or more don't show up, I have all of next week as buffer...

read more

Week 3

After putting the finishing touches on the verbal fluency task, I tested the entire experiment on one of the professors in the lab to ensure that all the instructions were clear and easy to understand. In addition, I wanted to fix any errors that I missed when I was...

read more

Week 2

After getting into the swing of things, I sat down and began to put the finishing touches on my study. What I was not prepared for was the amount of changes that had to be made. When I arrived here I was already aware that I would have to translate the instructions...

read more

Mid-Trip Retrospective

We've just recently passed the halfway point on our PIRE journey in Tarragona, and since this week was a bit more relaxing, I thought this would be a good time to reflect on the month or so that we've been here. I'm really glad I spent so much time setting up my...

read more

Another week, another set of participants, another city

This week was like 4 days of relaxed testing and coding and then 3 days of that scene at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey when the guy goes through the star gate. I only had 7 participants scheduled for this week because they're having final exams and because we've...

read more

Tarragona: Week 1

Week 1   SInce it was my first time in Tarragona let alone Europe, I was very nervous because I can't speak Spanish. It took me a couple of days to get used to being in an environment where I was not familiar with the language. However, I quickly got over my...

read more

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain

It's been a week since arriving in Tarragona and I am in love with Spain already. The first day or two were admittedly not wonderful; navigating through airports and bus stations and train stations with a slight lack of sleep left me a tad cranky. But after sleeping...

read more

I’m still too tired to think of a good title

I'm honestly surprised that I made it to Tarragona with all of my bags, most of my money, and some of my energy. We read all about how hard it was to be a sailor in the 1500s and how many people died or got scurvy or went crazy, but after we successfully made it...

read more