Maive: What inspired you to go into acting?

Clara: Hmm… loaded question. I don’t know, since I was little it’s been what I wanted to do, like I always joked because that’s like one of the things that you want to be when you’re little, I wanna be an actor or an astronaut. It just kind of stuck with me. I’ve always loved singing and dancing. I’ve always loved performing and it gives me the most joy…. So sappy.

Maive: How do you begin your process?

Clara: I read the script, as many times as possible. I always look for what the character is trying to do, we talk about essential actions a lot. What are the goals for the entire show, and then the character’s goals in each particular scene. But really just in depth script work.

Maive: When did you first read this play, and what did you think?

Clara: I read it over the summer and I think all of us had a similar reaction of like whaaaaat is this because it’s kind of strange. I think about this a lot you know obviously we have to read a lot of plays. But when you read a play for the first time, there’s a part of your brain that isn’t thinking about people saying the lines so it’s really strange. The second you put voice to these lines and did the first read through and everything, it was so much different.

Maive: Using three words, describe our production of Polaroid Stories.

Clara: Raw, scary, truthful.

Maive: What is your favorite line from the play?

Clara: That’s hard, hold on I gotta think. The thing that’s coming to my mind is there’s a line, in the play there’s a lot of poetic things we’ve been trying to figure out. My favroite thing is Zack, who plays Orpeheus decided that one of them is a song and he goes “I used to love this girl we would always fight I tried to kill her one night bwow nar na nar na nar.” I think it’s really funny and such a truthful moment.

Maive: Without giving too much away, what part of the production are you most excited to do/see on stage?

Clara: The part with me and a lot of blood.

Maive: What are your thoughts on Philomel and what are your goals for Philomel from your perspective?

Clara: I think she’s a super interesting character and I am so grateful that Erik saw her importance because I feel like you could see her and write her off and be like she just sings, it’s just so that there’s music but Erik really wanted to dig into her. I am very thankful for that, because she’s super-duper interesting. She helps really tie things together in our production and is very much like please listen. Her whole thing is getting the story out there. She’s a special gal.