Peaking Interest

How is it possible in this day and age to make people interested in reading, not only that but reading online. While lots of people enjoy reading, most facilitate most of their attention to other outlets of media online. Articles now just aren’t as interesting as other forms of fast entertainment available to most people.

How are some writers able to counteract this while others really can’t? It all stems down to actually how the writer tries to keep the reader’s interest throughout their writing. One of the best ways in order to do this is to try and keep messages short in order to get points across very fast. By doing this, not only will it allow for more strong messages to be put across, but it also allows for the reader to get the message faster and not get sidetracked. The author can not only gain traction by getting their message across to their audience, but they can get more clicks to their article increasing their revenue.

What is cost per click (CPC)? | Adjust

Another thing that authors can do in order to get their message to more people is make their article more enticing to readers. They can do so by including things such as images in order to attract the readers attention. I do think that this may be a good idea, but it will not be effective to most people if graphs and statistics are used. While some may find this interesting, not all will. I think that in order to maximize attraction one needs to find their target market/audience that they are trying to get their piece to. In doing so, more clicks can be generated and more traction can be formed.

Graphs and Charts

Attracting attention is not an easy task, especially to try and get the attention of a large group. Something grand needs to be in play in order for this to happen. I feel like one of the best ways to draw attention to an article is to actually use emotion in the article. By doing this, it makes it seem more interesting and can actually make reading more enjoyable. Capturing attention is one of the hardest parts of writing, but different strategies can make it very plausible to do so.

4 thoughts on “Peaking Interest

1. I like your point about how articles aren’t the most interesting form of news media now. I didn’t think of that, but it makes sense. A good majority of my news comes from various Instagram accounts that summarize the information very well and hold my attention. A long article can not do the same.

2. In my experience, our attention spans as humans have become smaller. The media that gets the most views and reactions is short-form content. Our parents used to sit down and watch cable TV. I think it has been a solid four to five years since I have done that. As technology evolves, the side effect most people face is that their attention span becomes lower and as a result, we as a society are becoming bottled in. What do you think?

3. We as people decide what is interesting to us and what is not. We make this decision in the first 5-10 seconds of listening, reading, or watching something. To catch an interest, you need to be short and to the point and then leave the person wanting more after now being interested. Various forms of information need to learn how to be enticing to attract more viewers and readers.

4. It is interesting as a generation that we find articles not as interesting as we used to. We are addicted to the fast entertainment around us. Our minds constantly need to be stimulated. Like you said one way that can keep the readers attention is keeping the writing short and to the point. Was this always the case? or is this something new just for our generation.