“The Ones That Love Us Never Really Leave Us. And You Can Always Find Them In Here.”

Sirius – Named after the star, Sirius, also known as the Dog Star or Great Dog (Canis Major). It is the brightest star in the sky, often called “scorching,” which quite suits his personality. According to The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts by David Colbert, in Egyptian mythology, the star Sirius is where it was believed the souls of humans traveled after death. The star had such importance that all the temples were built to align with its path across the sky. Archaeologists have discovered that long tunnels or airshafts in the Great Pyramid make the stars visible in daytime, and that the view is the part of the sky where Sirius appears. It is thought that the shafts were meant to guide one’s soul to Sirius. This is very interesting considering the manner in which Sirius died.

Toujours Pur – The Black family motto. It is French for “Always Pure.” Remember that most of the Black family consider Half-Bloods to be below them.

270487_485187944835209_667118118_n

SO TRUE.

Oh, Sirius, I love you. Even though you have your very childish moments and sort of throw hissy-fits, I love you. His past is so…murky and yet, he can still be such a great figure (at times) for Harry. I used to hate Jo for killing Sirius and taking away Harry’s chance for a family, but I know it was necessary. I sometimes get angry at all the blame that Sirius took for Pettigrew’s actions, but I’ll talk about that later.

Okay, so obviously, Sirius = Great Dog which explains his animagus form.  Sirius definitely is a bright star, as in he’s well known (not for good usually) and he’s noticeable (at least in his youth when he was described to be very attractive). I think Sirius was also a guide for Harry temporarily, mostly a guide to brotherhood and a way to see into his parents’ lives. I also agree with MuggleNet that all of the Egyptian mythology and Sirius’ death. I hate that Harry didn’t get to have a funeral for Sirius. And I hate that the last time Harry and Sirius “talked” was during battle. It’s almost like it was a harbinger for what was to come. I included the Black family motto because there’s not really any explanation for the surname of Black.

Reg.10226.16

So, let’s start with Sirius’ animagus form. The Death Omen – can you get any creepier? Harry’s death is clearly surrounded with death (which makes the Hallows story even more awesome). So the omen was kind of a predictor of Remus’ death of career, Sirius’ own death, and the battles to come. I don’t know, these are just speculations of mine.

I know Sirius was a jerk when he was a kid, but in his defense, he had an awful childhood. I mean, did you hear his mother’s wailings? I’m pretty sure we should all be surprised that he didn’t end up more messed up. Plus, I love that he rebelled against his parents so much with all of the Gryffindor stuff in his room and the Permanent Sticking Charms. Classic Sirius. And then, after 12 years in Azkaban, he has to return to the prison of his childhood home…and not be able to see anyone. The one thing that always bothered me about the timing of Sirius’ death is that he never got to have a family with Harry. Not really entirely for Harry’s sake, but for Sirius’. He never had a real family, and the closest he got was when he went to the Potter’s house, but it wasn’t the same.

Okay, so in order to keep the feels to a minimum, I’m going to talk about Sirius’ “crime.” This angers me for so many reasons. Okay, why didn’t they do Priori Incantatem on his wand to see what the last spell cast was? In the books, pretty sure it tells you a lot about it. Also, why didn’t they ask him to retrieve his memories of that day and what happened? Clearly, the Wizarding court system is pretty messed up and needs to be reformed seriously. (Hopefully Hermione accomplishes this during her time in the ministry.) I could not even imagine spending like a day in Azkaban, let alone years. Sirius is stronger than I could ever be, especially after just losing his best friend. (I wonder if that’s why Sirius didn’t try to prove himself really – he had just lost two of his best friends and didn’t know if he would get to see the third ever again)

I have to post these because I have to have some feels, sorry – don’t hate me!221774_445087322233419_947900443_n388533_445784785497006_614102222_n

575642_451252561616895_103130483_n 555866_620477684632810_196356028_n

580488_442924055783079_833689116_n

More info on Sirius here!

And now some Sirius quotes!

20989_449450155130469_1464744151_n 545957_451255094949975_471618369_n sirius-black-quote-sirius-black-18316611-500-330 Quote-s-by-Sirius-3-sirius-black-18409833-240-200 1266814265511954And many many more here and here! And any requests for the last two posts are very welcome!!

3 thoughts on ““The Ones That Love Us Never Really Leave Us. And You Can Always Find Them In Here.”

1. I love Sirius Black. He is one of best characters in the books, and it is obvious how much he cares for Harry. I loved finding out that he was actually a good guy. And I totally agree with how he was a guide for Harry. He showed Harry what it was like to be conflicted and come out on the right side.

2. Ack right in the feels…Sirius is a great character and his death was super traumatic, on par with Dobby’s.

Also, fun fact: Sirius is first mentioned not in book 3 but on page 16 of the Sorcerer’s Stone, when Hagrid mentions how he got the flying motorcycle. I just love how clearly JK Rowling had everything so well planned out so far in advance.

3. I, too, love Sirius Black! His story is so interesting… you go through the entire 3rd book thinking that he is this terrible person. His background is definitely murky and that is what makes the character so great.