Jaden Rankin-Wahlers

Hi, my name is Jaden Rankin-Wahlers.  I am from Doylestown, Pennsylvania (an hour from Philadelphia).  I am currently a sophomore at TFinishedBirdhe Pennsylvania State University majoring in Political Science and Criminology with a minor in African Studies.  I came to Penn State because this school offers more resources than you can imagine.  From the libraries to the research projects, Penn State is a place where you can explore whatever interests you have.  At Penn State I am involved with Project Cahir, Pollock Residence Hall Association Student Government, and the American Red Cross.  The reason I am involved with Project Cahir is because of a class I took last year, Poverty in Africa.  This class taught me poverty is more complex than most people would imagine.  Poverty in Africa inspired me to get hands on with the issue and there is no better place to start than my own front yard.  Through Project Cahir I hope to help students overcome poverty, and find ways to apply strategies on a wider scale.

“You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give.”
E.O. Wilson