Michelle D Wagner

Hometown: Nazareth, Pennsylvania

1Major: Biobehavioral Health

Minors: Biology, Neuroscience

Her Involvement: Project Cahir, Research assistant at Edna-Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center, Penn State Educational Partnership Program, Teaching Assistant for Biol435 and BiSci 003, Service Learning Leader, Penn State Dance Marathon Committee Member, IES Abroad Ambassador or Penn State, Global Medical Brigades, Vole Ballet Team

Why she is a part of Project Cahir? Recently, I studied abroad and participated in a research based internship in Rome, Italy. Interning at the National Institute for Health, Migration, and Poverty in Rome opened my eyes to a world so different from my own. I toured facilities where migrants could come seek medical and psychological assistance, which was specifically important given the recent influx of refugees to European countries. Here I learned how little I am in the grand scheme of things, but also how big of an impact I can have if I actively work towards my goals. When I returned home and I found out about Project Cahir I was instantly drawn to the honorable and substantial work that Project Cahir does to lend a helping hand to those who need it most in the Penn State Community.

Some of her favorite quotes include:

“Once in a while it really hits people that they do not have to experience life in the way they have been told to” -Alan Keightley

“Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime” -Aristotle