Min Jung Kim

picture1

Hometown: Yong-In, South Korea

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Class Year: Junior

Poverty and humanitarian relief programs have always been a part of my interest throughout my life. Through high school, visiting countries like, Haiti, Cambodia, and Albania doing medical relief and humanitarian relief for the people who have been affected by natural disasters, poverty, and government restrictions has given me a vast insight to this world and also to the people around me. With having experience communicating and helping people with immediate needs, I wanted to make a difference at Penn State and make a more permanent change to the peers around me. I believe that education is a crucial part of one’s life—time where one not only gains new knowledge but shapes them as a unique individual. I do not think that it is fair that my peers are not able to finish education or are so constrained financially that they cannot focus on education. I have a great desire to give them not only immediate change but a long-lasting change for themselves and their families. I firmly believe that Project Caihr provides me a leeway to do so on this campus. Small steps lead to great impacts on our peers and make education possible.

Favorite quote: “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”-Maya Angelou