Tulia Taborga-Urquiola

Hi, my name is Tulia Taborga-Urquiola. I am from Westminster, Maryland which is about an hour from UntitledBaltimore. I am currently a senior at the Pennsylvania State University majoring in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. At Penn State, I am involved with Project Cahir, Lion’s Pantry, and Residence Life. I chose to go to Penn State due to their academic reputation specifically in the science department. Additionally, I wanted to continue playing rugby in college with one of the best teams in the nation. I decided to get involved with Project Cahir after finding out that there was in fact homeless Penn State students. I have always been passionate about helping those in poverty. Both of my parents are from La Paz, Bolivia. Bolivia is the poorest country in South American. When going on family trips, my parents would have my sisters and I collect a suit case of clothing and toys that we would gift to the children living on the streets. Every trip I would take to Bolivia would break my heart. I remember getting in trouble when I was 12 years old when I gifted all of my clothing and belongings away to the maid’s daughter. Ever since then, I have always driven and devoted to make a change any way possible. By joining project Cahir, I hope to help students overcome poverty here at Penn State.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi