Computer Science Program
- Computing Elective course lists (need 9 credits):
— Any 312-400 level CMPSC course not already required for the major
— Any CMPEN, or SWENG courses.
- Supporting and Related Areas (need 6 credits):
— Any 300 and 400-level courses in CMPSC (including CMPSC 494 – Research, CMPSC 495 – Internship, and/or CMPSC 496 – Independent Study),
— Any 300 and 400-level courses in GAME, MIS, MATH, STAT, BIOL, CHEM, PHYS, ACCTG, ECON, FIN, PSYCH, and ROTC.
- Academic Recommended Plan for computer science at Behrend:
- Annotated program curriculum for degree audit:
- Academic Recommended Plan for transferred to University Park:
(1) Computer Science students need to take CMPSC221 not SWENG311.
(2) Computer Science students have to take CMPSC431 as the requirement course
(3) Computer Science students do not take CMPSC471 which is not offered at Behrend. Instead, CMPSC421 is required by all computer science majors.
Software Engineering Program:
- Primary Technical Electives (need 6 credits)
— Any 300-400 level EE course
— Any 300-400 level CMPEN course not already required for the major
— Any 400 level CMPSC course not already required for the major
— Any 300-400 level SWENG course not already required for the major
— GAME 450, GAME 480 GAME
- Secondary Technical Electives (need 3 credits)
— SWENG 395+495 Internship
— MIS 430, MIS 435 , MIS 445, MIS 470, MGMT 409, PSYCH 444, ECON 481, ECON 485,
— MATH 455, MATH 456
— ENTR 430
- Academic Recommended Plan for software engineering:
- Annotated program curriculum for degree audit
(1). Software Engineering can take either MIS 336 or CMPSC431 as the major required course at this moment. If a student takes MIS 336 first and then CMPSC431, the latter one is considered as the computing or technical elective.
(2). CMPEN270 = CMPEN271 + CMPEN275
(3). Software Engineering students need to take SWENG311, not CMPSC221.