Dear CSSE students,
As you are going to start shopping for classes in Fall 2018 semester tomorrow, I would like to remind you of the following: They might be crucial to your graduation on time in CS, SE major, and/or Game minor. Please read carefully.
- I strongly advise you to follow the recommended academic plan(RAP) to take the courses. The latest version is attached in this email. You are also recommended to use the RAP sheet to check your degree audit manually instead of relying on the degree requirement checking on LionPath.
- If you knew or heard from other people about last year’s CSSE course schedule, please note some significant changes for the next Fall I listed below:
- The following two pairs of courses are not combined: CMPSC221 and SWENG311; CMPSC474 and CMPEN441; CS students need to take CMPSC221, CMPSC474 while SE students need to take SWENG311, CMPEN441. Please select the courses accordingly if you need.
- CS students have to take CMPSC431 (not MIS 336 any more) as the required database course, but SE students can still take CMPSC431 or MIS 336 as the required database course.
- For CS students, you need to take CMPEN441 Communication Networks to replace CMPSC335 Fundamentals of Communications Networks on the original RAP sheet because CMPSC335 will not be offered in Fall 2018. — Please note that CMPSC335 will be added in Spring 2019 and you can schedule this back instead of CMPEN461 – July 24th, 2018.
- Game 480 is moved from Spring to Fall. Hence, if you want to graduate in Spring 2019 with Game minor, you have to take Game 480 in the Fall 2018 semester. Game 480 hasn’t been shown on LionPath yet, but will come soon.
- CMPSC497 Cognitive Computing has not shown on the LionPath too, but will appear soon. It has 3 credits and counts as computing elective (for CS major) or primary tech elective (for SE major).
- If you have obtained internship opportunity in any of Spring, Fall or Summer, please inform Dr. Wen-Li Wang (email@example.com), coordinator of the internship programs, to help you register it for credits (up to 3) which count as the supporting area course credits for CS and secondary tech elective course credits for SE.
- Senior Design Project (Capstone Project) courses : CMPSC484/485 for CS, SWENG 480/481 for SE are only for senior students to take in their last year.
The above are what I have so far. I will let you know if there are any further common messages regarding to the schedule. By the way, this letter and the latest RAPs will also be posted on CSSE news channel:
You are encouraged to register on this channel so that you can receive the newest updates by email automatically.