1. CMPSC221 and SWENG311 have not been combined to offer since last semester. Hence, Computer Science major students need to take CMPSC221 and Software Engineering major students need to take SWENG311. Each student can take only one of these two courses.
2. SE students can take either MIS 336 or CMPSC431 as the major required course. If a student takes MIS 336 first and then CMPSC431, the latter one is considered as the computing or technical elective. CS students have to take CMPSC431 as the requirement course
3. CMPEN270 = CMPEN271 + CMPEN275
4. Computer Science students do not take CMPSC471 which is not offered at Behrend. Instead, CMPSC421 is required by all computer science majors.
5. Here are the elective course lists for CS and SE majors:
For Computer Science major:
Computing Elective (need 9 credits):
— Any 312-400 level CMPSC course not already required for the major
— Any CMPEN, or SWENG courses.
Supporting and Related Areas (need 6 credits):
— Any 300 and 400-level courses in CMPSC (including CMPSC 494 – Research, CMPSC 495 – Internship, and/or CMPSC 496 – Independent Study),
— Any 300 and 400-level courses in GAME, MIS, MATH, STAT, BIOL, CHEM, PHYS, ACCTG, ECON, FIN, PSYCH, and ROTC.
For more details, click: CMPBD_Degree_ Audit.
This is the academic recommended plan for computer science at Behrend:
Here is the academic recommended plan for transferred to University Park:
For Software Engineering major:
Primary Technical Electives (need 6 credits)
— Any 300-400 level EE course
— Any 300-400 level CMPEN course not already required for the major
— Any 400 level CMPSC course not already required for the major
— Any 300-400 level SWENG course not already required for the major
— GAME 450, GAME 480 GAME
Secondary Technical Electives (need 3 credits)
— SWENG 395+495 Internship
— MIS 430, MIS 435 , MIS 445, MIS 470, MGMT 409, PSYCH 444, ECON 481, ECON 485,
— MATH 455, MATH 456
— ENTR 430
For more details, click:SEBD_Degree_Audit_
This is the academic recommended plan for software engineering: