Today is the deadline for students to apply to graduate in May 2018. Students can do this in LionPath. If they miss this deadline they need to file an intent to graduate by contacting the registrar in person.
Applying for Graduation
Students can apply for graduation through LionPATH.
Note: Refer to the Intent to Graduate-Activation Period of the University’s Academic Calendar to determine the dates when you may be eligible to apply for graduation.
Navigating to the My Academics Page
The Link for applying for graduation is located on the My Academics page. There are many ways to navigate to specific areas within LionPATH including using the hamburger menu, page tabs, and quick links. For the purpose of this document, navigation will be described using the hamburger menu. For information on navigating the LionPATH user interface, refer to the Getting Started with LionPATH tutorial.
1. Click the Hamburger icon.
2. Click the Academics drop-down menu.
3. Click the Academic Records drop-down menu.
4. Select the My Academics link.
Applying for Graduation
Your current programs are listed on the Submit an Application for Graduation page. To be eligible to apply for graduation, you must be active in your current academic program. You cannot apply for graduation if you are currently in a pre-major or a non-degree program.
Note: If you are an undergraduate student in concurrent majors, you must apply for graduation in each major separately. If you meet the requirements of one major and wish to graduate only in that major, you must remove your concurrent major before applying to graduate.
1. Click the Apply for Graduation link on the My Academics page.
2. On the Submit an Application for Graduation page, click the Apply for Graduation link to the right of the program/major for which you are applying. Note: If the Apply for Graduation link is not visible for your program, you are not currently eligible to apply for graduation. Undergraduate students who believe they should be able to apply should contact their academic college to determine next steps. Graduate students who believe they should be able to apply should contact the responsible department for their major (academic plan) to determine next steps.
3. Select the Expected Graduation Term from the drop-down list.
4. Click the Continue button. Note: If it is prior to the published graduation application start date or past the deadline, the Expected Graduation Term list will be blank. If you have missed the application time period: Undergraduate students who believe they should be able to apply should contact their academic college to determine next steps. Graduate students who believe they should be able to apply should contact the responsible department for their major (academic plan) to determine next steps.
5. Click the Submit Application button. Note: If you need to change the program or graduation term, use the buttons provided.
A confirmation message is displayed indicating that you have successfully applied for graduation.