IMPORTANT NOTE: We have just published our first print edition (electronic version also available), the Jump Point Spring 2018 Issue, and we are in a period of transitioning between staff members. Consequently, our response times will be much longer than usual. However, we are still accepting submissions, and early submissions will have the advantage for being published for the next issue.
NOTE 2: We are currently seeking editorial staff members. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested.
PSI-FI’s The Jump Point is a literary magazine publication for Penn State students and other community members to use as an outlet for their creative speculative fiction works.
The magazine will be published electronically, with an annual physical distribution of selected works.
We are accepting submissions from writers of all backgrounds and levels. We also encourage students with diverse backgrounds to share their stories with us.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject of a written submission must be science fiction, fantasy, horror, or other related subgenre. In other words, we will admit any work that falls in the broad category of speculative fiction.
- Our recommended short story length is between 1000 and 7000 words. Longer works may also be considered but they are less likely to be accepted.
- We also accept poems, flash fiction, and other short written works that are less than 1000 words.
- Submit all written works as .DOCX files.
- Art submissions are also welcome, as long as there is a scifi/fantasy/horror theme. Please submit your file in a common format (e.g., JPEG, PNG, etc.).
Your submission will be followed by a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours. After reviewing your submission (which will take 1-2 weeks), we will provide feedback via another e-mail. If you do not hear back from us by then, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Currently, we do not have the funds for paying for stories, but we do not want to rule out the possibility either. We will update this section if we receive funding for payments.