If you are interested in last year’s issue of, the Jump Point Spring 2018 Issue, you can access it here.
We are currently OPEN to accepting short stories, poetry, and artwork for the 2019 Issue, which will be released some time in mid- to late-February 2019.
Additionally, we are seeking editorial staff members, such as proofreaders and associate editors. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
PSI-FI’s The Jump Point is a literary magazine publication for Penn State students and other community members to use as an outlet for their creative speculative fiction works. We welcome (if not, encourage) voices from all backgrounds and ways of life.
The magazine will be published electronically, with an annual physical distribution of selected works.
We are accepting submissions from writers of all backgrounds and levels. We also encourage students with diverse backgrounds to share their stories with us.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
- The subject of a written submission must be science fiction, fantasy, horror, or other related sub-genre. In other words, we will admit any work that falls in the broad category of speculative fiction.
- Our recommended short story length is between 1000 and 5000 words. Longer works may also be considered but they are less likely to be accepted.
- We also accept poems, flash fiction, and other short written works that are less than 1000 words.
- Submit all written works as .DOCX files.
- Art submissions are also welcome, as long as there is a scifi/fantasy/horror theme. Please submit your file in a common format (e.g., JPEG, PNG, etc.).
Your submission will be followed by a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours. After reviewing your submission (which will take 1-2 weeks), we will provide feedback via another e-mail. If you do not hear back from us by then, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.