Enroll with Goals

The future can be exciting, crazy and even frightening to think about. However, setting goals while moving forward is always important. Starting college this summer has made me very excited for the fall and especially the Penn State football games. There are no words to describe how much I am looking forward to the whiteout game! I’m also looking forward to creating a routine to manage all my classes and meeting many new people. On the other hand, I still remain very anxious about certain things as a college student which include being able to balance all of my classes in the fall with 17 credits and personal technology issues I may face. Apprehension also persists with the larger class sizes I am going to experience in the fall semester. Being uneasy about certain situations is a normal feeling and with hard work I hopefully will be able to adjust in no time.

Looking back to my High School days, I know I need to limit procrastination, listen more carefully and read all material in order to succeed at University Park. Late night cramming before a test was common for me in High School so I plan to study and work in advance of due dates. In any situation, whether it be casual or a lecture, listening actively and more carefully is a necessity.  And finally, I need to change my reading habits. In college, there will be a lot of material to read so I need to make it essential that I read even “optional” material.

At Penn State, there are thousands of different ways one can get involved outside the classroom. Personally, I really want to get involved with IM sports, community service and even THON. At the club fair in the fall, I will have to get more information on each of the three.

Setting goals is key to becoming successful. For the first semester, my goal is to get all A’s and B’s while keeping my classes as the primary focus. As far as the first year at PSU is concerned, I want to stick to a routine I hopefully build and continue to only go out to events if my work is done beforehand. After four year at Penn State, my goal is to be in the business school and to be more much individualized. I will work hard to achieve these goals that I have set in order to become successful.

unnamed

One thought on “Enroll with Goals