Wild Week Three

After completing week three of Summer Session at Penn State, I have essentially reached the halfway point. I have become closer with my LEAP group, familiarized myself with the large campus and have created a daily routine. It is safe to say that Penn State is really becoming my “home away from home”. The past week following ArtsFest was a fun one in part due to a visit from my brother and a LEAP trip to a laser tag event!

My brother, who attends Ohio State University, spent the weekend at Penn State to visit me and his friends for ArtsFest. My week began with a gross yet funny experience on Sunday. Before my brother and his friends left following the eventful weekend, we took an off-campus trip to the State College Diner for breakfast. At first sight, this place seemed like a nice, local stop for some good grub. And boy, was I wrong! Although I am no food critic, I can assure you that everyone eating there experienced bad/slow service, gross food and a not-so-clean eating area(As seen by the hair found in a girl’s egg sitting next to us). Leaving disappointed, this experience was still very funny to start my week off with.

On Wednesday, my group LEAP mentor “B” (The coolest ever) took us to go laser tagging at a local place downtown. Pictured below, the waiting area for this place was as sketchy as it comes. It was a fun experience to be with my LEAP group in a place that did not seem to be the host of Laser tag. A middle-aged man was blasting techno music throughout the course of our time there, and the actual laser tag itself wasn’t so bad. This night was a fun time to escape from any homework to share some laughs with our pride. Altogether, this week was one I will not forget. Although I am going back to the 610 this weekend, I remain very excited for what week 4 has in store for me at University Park.

jhjhjh

One thought on “Wild Week Three

1. The mentors are one of the coolest elements of LEAP. Don’t you wish you could take them — as well as your LEAP pride — all four years?