Exercise is Medicine Week 2018
Daily Outdoor Exercise Stations
As with previous years, we will be set up outside across campus throughout EIM Week. We will be at the following locations from 9am – 3:30pm each day:
- Monday, October 8th: Willard Building Plaza
- Tuesday, October 9th: HUB Lawn
- Wednesday, October 10th: Palmer Art Museum
- Thursday, October 11th: Life Sciences
Exercise is Medicine Off Campus Day
Friday of EIM Week (Friday, October 19th) we are partnering with a number of great off-campus partners to offer no-cost or low-cost trial classes for Penn State students, faculty, and staff. More info can be found on our EIM Off Campus Day page.
As in previous years, we will be kicking off EIM Week 2018 with the Sixth Annual Dean’s Walk. Starting at noon on Monday, October 8th in the BBH Plaza, join HHD administrators, faculty, staff, and students on a walk around campus to spread awareness about EIM and get everyone moving towards their 10,000 steps!
One of the keys to the lasting success of Exercise is Medicine On Campus at Penn State is the ongoing support from our great campus partners. This year we are looking to have more participation and more partners than ever before. Throughout EIM Week we will be joined by:
- Healthy Penn State
- University Health Services
- Penn State Health & the On-Campus Employee Wellness Center
- Campus Dining
- Outdoor Adventures
- Crossfit Club
- Powerlifting Club
- THON 5K (sign up here!)
- and more!
Throughout the week we will be competing against Michigan State, Iowa State, Kansas State, and Jacksonville in a Push Up and Lap challenge. All week we will be working to accumulate the most number of pushups, while Iowa State, Kansas State, and Jacksonville University all do the same during their own Exercise is Medicine events. Wednesday we will be competing against Michigan State in the second annual Lap Challenge around West Halls. Last year we completed over 18,000 push-ups and walked over 3,000 laps – we hope to top that this year!
This October is Exercise is Medicine On Campus Month, and to celebrate we are holding the second annual Class Challenge, with prizes ranging from t-shirts and workout towels to gift cards and FitBits! To enter, simply attend any Campus Recreation exercise class throughout the month of October, share a selfie photo of yourself exercising on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and tag Penn State Exercise is Medicine (accounts shown below) and Penn State Campus Recreations (@PennStateCRec). Prizes will be drawn at random at the end of October. A full class schedule can be found here:
Each day throughout EIM Week we have special events designed to highlight additional opportunities on and off campus.
- Monday, October 8th:
- HHD Faculty vs. Student Kickball, 4:00pm on the HUB Lawn
- Free Workout with Crossfit Club, 8:00pm in the Wagner Building (by the field hockey field)
- Tuesday, October 9th:
- Outdoor Adventures Activity Fair, 4:30pm on the HUB Lawn
- Wednesday, October 10th:
- Homecoming Carnival & Fitness Challenges, 4:30pm on the HUB Lawn
- Thursday, October 11th:
- Free yoga on the HUB Lawn at 4:30pm, presented by Campus Recreation. Please bring your own towel/mat. All experience levels are welcome!
Throughout our events we will be awarded over a dozen great prizes, including:
- Five free one-month memberships to F45
- Two, $75 gift cards towards Crossfit Nittany membership
- One free nutrition counseling session at One on One
- Four FitBits from The Station
- Bluetooth Headphones and one FitBit from Pepsi
- Free Class Passes to Fitology
- Free sub cards at Jersey Mikes
Anyone who attends any special event will be entered into drawings for the free memberships and class passes. Anyone participating in the EIM Class Challenge will be entered into a drawing for the Bluetooth Headphones and a FitBit. Other contest will be occurring randomly throughout the week for dozens of other great prizes!
Thank you to all of our great sponsors and donors, including:
- Crossfit Nittany
- Dynamic Rehab Solutions
- Lila Yoga
- Old State Clothing
- One on One
- Pacific Bread
- The Heights
- The Station