During the Fall semester 2018, we developed three showcases to demonstrate and to learn how the Engagement Tool can be utilized in classes.
The showcases inquired:
- pedagogical strategies (e.g., service learning, problem-based learning, collaborative learning);
- reflection styles (e.g., phenomenological, hermeneutic, critical, feminist reflection);
- reflection methods (e.g., reflective writing, storytelling, visualization, role playing, videoing);
- core competencies (e.g., critical thinking skills);
- strategies for creating a reflective class environment (e.g., creating class time for reflection and developing reflection skills, managing added complexity, balancing reflection and action, aligning student expectations).