About Us

EUC allows for the bridge between the administration, faculty, and students of the College of Engineering at The Pennsylvania State University.

Throughout the academic year, EUC:

• Allocates funds for engineering organizations
  • Holds numerous events for the faculty and student body
  • Communicates student ideas to administration and faculty
  • Acts as part of the Academic Integrity Council

In the end, we serve as the voice for the students of the College of Engineering and try our best to bring everyone together to unite the classes.

President: 
Vansh Prabhu
Email: vvp5146@psu.eduPicture
Hi, my name is Vansh Prabhu, and I am the President of the Engineering Undergraduate Council at Penn State. I am a junior from Denver, CO and I will be majoring in Industrial Engineering. This past year, I served as the Chair of LIFE (Leadership in Freshmen Engineering) where I was a mentor and guided freshmen to complete their own initiatives. In addition to EUC, I’m involved in UPUA, NOBE, and club tennis. Outside of school, you can find me hiking, skiing, or catching up on Real Madrid. My goal for this academic year is to improve every engineering student’s experience here at University Park. Please feel free to reach out to me!
Vice President of Student Relations: 
George Fadel
Email: gmf5176@psu.eduPicture
Hi, my name is George Fadel and I am serving as the Vice President of Student Relations for EUC. Last year I was part of the public relations committee and I am very excited to make a bigger difference with my new position. I am currently entering my junior year at Penn State studying Chemical Engineering. Along with being apart of the Engineering Undergraduate Council, I am also involved in AICHE, Thon, and Relay for Life. When I am not at Paterno library studying, you can often find me at the White building working out, IM playing basketball, or hanging out with my friends. I am excited to get to know all of you, please feel free to contact me!
Vice President of University Relations: 
Patrick Clements
Email: pzc5199@psu.edu
Director of Events: 
Emily Branstetter
Email: exb5120@psu.edu
Picture
Hi, my name is Emily Branstetter and I am a Junior from Northern Virginia, studying Industrial Engineering with a minor in Engineering Leadership Development. This year I will be serving as Director of Events alongside Josh Rosato. Besides EUC, I am a College of Engineering Study Abroad Fellow, Competition Chair for Penn State’s Figure Skating team, and a member of IISE. Outside of school I enjoy hiking, cooking, and traveling. I look forward to planning some awesome events with EUC this year!
Director of Events: 
Joshua Rosato
Email: exb5120@psu.edu
Picture
Hey everyone, my name is Joshua Rosato, and I am currently the Director of Events for EUC alongside Emily Branstetter. I am a junior from the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA and I’m majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Last year, I was the Public Relations chair with George Fadel. As a freshman, I was a general body member for the Public Relations Committee. Aside from EUC, I’m also a member of EON, ASME, and the Club Water Polo Team. I’m also a research assistant in the Management and Organization Dpt. in the Smeal College of Business. My hobbies include playing soccer, going to concerts, and kayaking. I hope to make school easier and more enjoyable for young engineering students.
Director of Allocations: 
Ben Cutler
Email: bkc5206@psu.edu
Picture
Hi everyone! My name is Ben Cutler and I am a sophomore from Lancaster, PA studying Industrial Engineering. I was a member of LIFE (Leadership in Freshmen Engineering) last year and enjoyed being a part of the Engineering Undergraduate Council. This year I will be taking the position for director of allocations for EUC. If your engineering club is in need of funding for a trip or an engineering related event please reach out to me. EUC is here to help support you! Aside from EUC I am also a part of UPUA the student government on campus and help with the production side of Movin’ On.
Director of Public Relations:
Ashley Martins 
Email: amm7436@psu.edu
Picture
Hi there! My name is Ashley Martins, returning Director of Public Relations for EUC and started with the organization as a Public Relations I am a junior from Bethlehem, PA, double majoring in Marketing and Spanish. I fell in love with my Public Relations position last year and decided to make marketing my area of study. Outside of EUC, I enjoy volunteering in THON as a Dancer Relations Committee Member and recently assumed the position of Vice President for Students Studying Abroad in Spain. All in all, I love being a member of EUC and having the opportunity to connect with stellar individuals and bring together a whole college to participate in fun events throughout the school year is extremely rewarding.
Director of Public Relations:
Lexi Shimkonis 
Email: aes5698@psu.edu
Picture
Hey everyone, my name is Lexi Shimkonis and I’m one of EUC’s Director of Public Relations. I’m a senior from Spring City, PA studying Civil Engineering excited to go out and work in the industry after graduation. This is my first year of involvement with EUC but definitely not my first experience with PR and Comm. I’m the Director of Communications for UPUA as well as the former Managing Editor of Onward State where this year I’m remaining involved as a writer. I’m excited to be a part of EUC and hope to help students in the College of Engineering make the most of their time at Penn State!
Director of Technology:
Mayank Makwana
Email: mmm6622@psu.edu
Picture
Hi! My name is Mayank Makwana and I am currently serving as the Director of Technology. I am a senior from Ambler, PA studying Computer Science minoring in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. I have been on EUC for the past two years as a general member and plan to use my technical skills in software and design to further the reach of the organization. In addition to EUC, I am the Director of HackPSU and
Vice President of the Association for Computing Machinery. I am looking forward to an exciting year!
Secretary:
Matthew Parry
Email: mbp5263@psu.edu
Picture
Hi, My name Is Matthew W. Parry, and I am a junior in the Schreyer Honors College majoring in Biomedical Engineering with intentions of attending medical school upon graduation. I am from Clarks Summit, PA where I excelled in volleyball, music, and scouting. As a student here at Penn State I am: involved in undergraduate research in the Neuroscience department, a general member of the club croquet team, a head mentor for EON, the outreach chair of BMES, the fundraising chair of the Club golf team, and the secretary of the Engineering Undergraduate Council (EUC). While fulfilling the position this school in EUC I hope to facilitate the meetings, record keeping, and the academic careers of upcoming engineering students.
Treasurer: 
Erik Grinn
Email: ejg5270@psu.edu
Picture
Hey guys, my name is Erik Grinn coming from Glen Rock, NJ. I am a senior double majoring in Biomedical and Mechanical Engineering, while also on the pre-med track. Last year I was on the Executive Board for EUC, and I’ll be taking on the responsibilities of the Treasurer for my senior year. Apart from EUC, I am doing cancer research for Schreyer, and I have been on a THON committee the past year and also hope to be a part of one for this year. In my spare time I like to play soccer, basketball, and definitely get my fix of The Office. I’m excited for the opportunities that await ahead, and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!
 Chair of LIFE (Leadership in Freshman Engineering): 
Brianna Bannister
Email: bnb5296@psu.edu
Picture
Hi, my name is Brianna Bannister and I am entering my sophomore year studying Aerospace Engineering. Last year I was a member of LIFE (Leadership in Freshman Engineering) and I am excited to be a Co-Chair of LIFE for this upcoming year. I am from Old Bridge, NJ and outside of class you can usually find me skiing or snowboarding. In addition to EUC, I am involved in THON, Ski Club, and Homecoming. I look forward to working with everyone and please feel free to contact me!
Peyton Bayer
Email: pjb5486@psu.edu
Picture
Hi everyone! My name is Peyton Bayer and I am a sophomore from Pittsburgh, PA studying Industrial Engineering. I was a member of LIFE (Leadership in Freshmen Engineering) last year and enjoyed being a part of the Engineering Undergraduate Council. Due to my positive experience with the EUC I have transitioned into a Co-Chair of LIFE for this year. In my free time I enjoy playing basketball, cross-fit training, participating in intramural sports, and hanging with my friends and family. I have high hopes to further improve the engineering experience for all freshmen. I think being involved in a group like this with your peers is the first step to a successful venture at Penn State!
 Chair of Events: 
Philip McGurk
Email: ppm5082@psu.edu
Picture
Hi, my name is Philip McGurk, and I will be a junior this year at Penn State. I will be serving as an events chair on the EUC this year. I am going into the field of Biological Engineering; the food processing option. Along with this, I am studying for a minor in biochemistry, which will hopefully end me up in pharmaceuticals. On my free time; I like to golf, snowboard, and workout. Additionally, I serve as the social chair of the fraternity, Alpha Kappa Lambda.
 Chair of Events: 
Rachel Rizzardi
Email: rir5145@psu.edu
Picture
Hi, my name is Rachel Rizzardi. I am a sophomore from Pittsburgh, PA and I am studying chemical engineering. Last year I was on Life (Leadership in Freshman Engineering) helping to improve the freshmen engineering experience. Currently I am on the Events Committee. I’m also involved in SWE (Society of Women Engineers), WEP (Women in Engineering Program), URS (Undergraduate Research Society), AIChE (American Institute of Chemical Engineers), and WISER (Women in Science and Engineering Research). Outside of school you can find me reading, yoga, running, hiking, and playing volleyball. I am excited to improve the engineering experience here at Penn State!
 Chair of Merchandise: 
Walker Smith
Email: wfs5080@psu.edu
Picture
Hi, my name is Walker Smith, and I am a junior from Philadelphia, PA majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I was previously a part of the Merchandise committee for EUC, and this year I will be serving as the Merchandise Chair. I am also involved in the 3D Printing Club and FSAE here at Penn State. In my free time I enjoy playing soccer, running, drawing, and playing my guitar. I am excited to be a part of this year’s Engineering Undergraduate Council and help improve the Penn State Engineering experience!
 Chair of PR: 
Alyssa D’Costa
Email: aad5429@psu.edu
Picture
Hey guys! My name is Alyssa D’Costa and I am a sophomore studying Engineering from Warren, NJ. This is my first year with EUC and I am currently one of the Public Relations Chair. Besides EUC, I am Webmaster for the Engineering Sorority Phi Sigma Rho, Fundraising Chair for Habitat for Humanity, a member of Women in Engineering Program (WEP), and member of the Undergraduate Research Society. In my free time you can usually find me hiking, playing ultimate frisbee, or hanging out with friends and family. I’m very excited to get more involved in EUC this year and to contribute to the club. Feel free to contact me with any questions by email or cell!
 Chair of PR: 
Max Griffith
Email: meg5706@psu.edu
Picture
Hey, my name is Max Griffith and I am a Sophomore from Horsham, Pennsylvania studying Industrial Engineering with a minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. This is my first year with EUC and I am currently one of the Public Relations Chairs. Outside of EUC, I am one of the THON Chairs and on the Rush committee for my fraternity, Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI). In my free time I like to work out and play golf. I am excited to be a part of EUC this year and hopefully help it grow as an organization on campus.

Faculty Advisor:
Keefe Manning

Email: kbm10@psu.edu
Department: Biomedical Engineering

Research: Artificial Heart Lab

Picture