Attendees: Baxter, Beekman, K. Prescot, Andris, King, La Londe, Meehan, Vender, D. Howard, Mrsa, Brewer.
- Clio Andris will be teaching a residential GIS course this Fall. GIS Skills for Research, GEOG 565.
- Ms. Deb Howard (Facilities Resources & Planning) spoke about the on-going projects to create a visitor’s map as well as update the Facilities information Systems that is house in OPP. Anyone interested in participating in these conversations is encouraged to contact Deb (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Group keeps track of all campus space this PSU owns, this includes Real Estate.
- All floor plans are in CAD
- System is over 15 years old (Oracle) and needs to be updated.
- Multiple systems and platforms need to be brought together.
- Goal is to bring in all maps associated.
- Teams (Campus Bird and PennBay) are coming in October for additional meetings.
- Do we have any volunteers for a talk in the next meeting?
- Tara La Londe provided an update on GIS day, November 14-15.
- Blue Raster is interested in providing feedback to faculty/instructors from a recruiting standpoint.
- GIS Day Highlights include:
- Events both Monday and Tuesday
- Networking lunch
- Career Panel
Next Meeting is Tuesday, September 27th, at 1030AM in the Mann Assembly Room, Paterno Library.