Penn State has an Enterprise License Agreement with Esri. Multiple Colleges and Units across campus support this ELA, which allows faculty, staff, and students can obtain Esri software products to install on their own machines at no cost.
There are different versions and processes for students and Faculty/Staff, please read carefully below.
ARCGIS ONLINE (AGOL): (Open to all persons with PSU Access Accounts)
- Visit the Penn State ArcGIS Online Organization.
- Click “Penn State Webaccess”.
- Log in using your PSU username and password.
ARCGIS PRO: (Must enable by signing into PSU AGOL as outlined above)
- Sign into the Penn State ArcGIS Online Organization.
- Click here to download the latest version of ArcGIS Pro.
- Install Pro.
- On first launch you will be prompted to sign in. Click the “Enterprise Login” button and type “pennstate” in the box to complete the organization’s URL (pennstate.maps.arcgis.com).
- Click “Continue” and then click “Penn State Web Access” and log in using your PSU username and password.
Here are screen captures to show you the windows you should see when signing in. ArcGIS Pro Sign-in
If you are an instructor and need to provide bulk licenses for students in your course, see (*) below.
Click here to access ArcMap as well as other available Esri software. Follow the steps below.
- If you are a student, click “ArcGIS Desktop Advanced Student License” and if you are Faculty/Staff, please choose “ArcGIS Desktop Advanced Single/Concurrent License.”
- Unless you have an existing Esri license server, choose “Single License.”
- Login with your PSU access ID and request the desired product.
- You will be emailed a license file and link to download the software.
- Install the product on your machine.
- Follow instructions that are included on the email to authorize your license.
* For bulk licenses in a class, the instructor should use the process above to request ArcGIS Desktop as Faculty/Staff. Specify in your order the quantity of licenses you need based on the number of students in your class. You will receive an email with a license file and a link to download the software. The license file may be shared with all students in the class. Note: the software download link can only be used once; the instructor should download the installer and distribute it to the students within the class.
To get help with installation and use of Esri software please contact email@example.com to open up a support ticket. Please use the subject line “Requesting Esri Support Ticket.” After your ticket is created it will be assigned to one of Penn State’s technical support representatives.
ESRI SOFTWARE ON CAMPUS
Esri software is also available for free use in some computer labs around campus. Please visit the Classroom and Lab Computing to see availability: http://clc.its.psu.edu/Labs. Remote access is also available at http://clc.its.psu.edu/RemoteAccess/WebApps.