Graduating high school senior scholarship award
Each University Women Club member, through a portion of her annual dues, supports the $500 Barnes and Noble gift card that is presented annually to a State College Area High School graduating senior who plans to attend Penn State and has demonstrated positive academic achievement and participation in school and community activities.
Endowed scholarships – Undergraduate and Graduate
- July 5, 2001: The annually-funded UWC scholarship established; recipie
nts can be part-time students
- 2002: The first scholarship awarded
- 2003: Began awarding two scholarships; increased amount awarded to $1,500 per year per recipient
- Summer 2009: Michelle Yen appointed a committee to investigate endowing the scholarship
- Spring 2010: Committee members met with UWC members to secure $25,000 in pledges within 5 years
- December 16, 2010: Betz Hanley signed the document to establish the UWC Endowed Scholarship
- Club continued to award annual scholarships while raising funds for endowment
- December 2013: $50,000 in the endowment account; the endowed scholarship activated
- Summer 2018: The endowment account reaches its first $100,000 goal!! Award amounts are increased.
Scholarship Recipients 2019-2020 will be announced at the fall Kick-Off on September 3.
UWC Endowed Scholarships – Undergraduate Student
UWC Endowed Scholarships- Graduate Student