This week, this show I am deciding to write about is one that found most of its fame over a decade ago, yet is still enjoyed all around the country with viewers ranging widely in age. This show, which I watched my freshman year of high school, is One Tree Hill. What I remember most about this show is its sense of reality while also throwing in some not so relatable aspects.

The begging of the series starts off with the cast all in high school, with the cliche incorporation of a popular athlete with the attractive girlfriend, who somehow has a connection to the less popular, talented, character. In One Tree Hill, the two happened to be half-brothers. Adding to the predictability of the show, the more popular brother lives with his father and mother, in their grand home, as he lives to fulfill his father’s dreams of his son playing professional basketball. The other brother, lives with his single mother, paying for rent with her small business and hopes for their income to be enough to provide for their family. Though the show does follow the brothers and their friends through their journey in high school, there is a time jump between seasons ahead five years, where each person has now developed a form of career and family of their own. While some of the characters are married with kids, others are still trying to find the most suitable profession for themselves. Often times I really do not like when television series with jump with their plot years into the future, as I feel like I am being left out of so much crucial information, however I really enjoyed this addition to the plot, as I feel like it really moved the plot along into parts of the characters lives that the audience would not normal be able to see.

Though the plot itself it a little spotty as I finished the series four years ago, what I do remember the strongest about watching the series is how many feel-good moments I enjoyed throughout the series. The series had more than its fair share of drama ranging from break ups to children, to even school shootings, yet incorporated so many times that I can personally say I felt a sense of happiness and serenity while watching.

I would recommend this show to people who enjoy the predictability of high school drama, but also find real life incidents intriguing in a series. Though this is much different than the last show I reviewed, The Vampire Diaries, I would say that both shows incorporate the same type of plot. I enjoyed this show very much, but I do warn those wanting to possibly start watching, if you are someone who cringes at the cheesy lines in movies, you may want to keep your distance, because these characters are all too familiar with grand gestures and heartfelt speeches.

Image result for one tree hill