Hamburger Helper Killin’ It With the New Mixtape

Hamburger Helper just got a whole lot more interesting. Do I want to eat whatever type of “meat” product they sell, probably not… but I’m liking their brand. Thought it all started as an April Fool’s Day joke, the brand Hamburger Helper just dropped a mixtape for engaging audiences to hear. The lyrics are on point, and so is pretty much the entire mixtape. They even played a twist not the usual Hamburger Helper glove, drenching it in gold paint to resemble many other rap albums of this time.

AHAMBURGER

I like the creative genius behind this marketing tactic. General Mills (the company that owns Hamburger Helper) used a team of students at Minnesota’s McNally Smith College of Music to produce the mixtape, which I think is a really cool use of resources and using their target audience members in the development of this project.

Do I think the mixtape can really drive people to buy Hamburger Helper? Not entirely. But I do think this April Fool’s mixtape has driven a lot of traffic to their website and has gotten positive recognition for their brand.

Now it’s time to go listen to “Watch the Stove” one more time…

Listen to the mixtape here: Billboard.com