Blog #1

For my archive site, I chose a theme that fits the traditional “blog” template. Instead of listing older posts below newer posts (the default), I wanted to reverse the order, so the blog/archive could be viewed in a more chronological way, with each item and description building upon the previous post. However, this doesn’t seem to be as simple as I had hoped, so posts can currently be viewed from newest to oldest. The theme I selected allowed me to choose a relevant background image, so I chose a picture of one of Minneapolis’ most iconic bridges, the St. Anthony Falls Bridge, lit up with rainbow lights for Minneapolis’ Pride celebration. This image is a perfect blend of LGBTQA+ culture/pride and the central location(s), tying together my archive items. The title of my site, “Queer Stories from the Twin Cities,” is a short and sweet way to represent the topic I’ll be writing about, which is the history of the LGBTQA+ movement around the 1980’s, in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, the “Twin Cities.”