My superhero,mentor and inspiration-“My Dad”

This might be too much of a cliché as I expect most people to have the same idea but I still wanted to write a blogpost about my dad because I would feel equally proud and honored to do so.

My dad is the youngest of his siblings comprising of 4 brothers along with himself and 5 sisters.Yes it’s a big family!The difference in age is really big which made my dad the most loved kid in the family.By the time he finished college almost all of his sisters got married and his brothers were well settled in their own business and family.They say my father was the most notorious one but at the same time a bright and intelligent student.At the same time he was one of the friendliest people in his neighborhood.He had all kinds of friends from juniors to seniors to doctors,engineers,army militants and politicians.You can say he had quite the powerful network.Around the age of 25 my father got married to my beautiful mother and soon I was born.As I have heard the day I was born was the happiest day of my father’s life;the second happiest day was when my younger brother was born.He loved me so much and still loves me a lot and this is not the normal cliched love between a father and son.To be honest we were very formal with each other.I was intact quite scared of my father since he had a very bad temper and since he is a businessman I can’t blame that either.I think Bangladeshi businessman is one of the toughest occupation in my perspective to be honest.

There are a lot of things that made me think how lucky of a son I am but it was not until I came to America that I realized that.My father did not get an opportunity to study or live in America but he had a dream that I would live to grasp that opportunity. When I got accepted to PennState I was really happy but not fully satisfied because I did not get any scholarship.The level of costs PennState bears is actually a lot for my dad but he never hesitated.He used to say money is never a problem.He wanted me to have the best education and the best life possible.Moreover,my dad hardly allowed me to have sleepovers or go out anywhere alone because he was so much worried about my security.He used to call me every 30 mins whenever I was out and now he let me leave for America acknowledging the fact he couldn’t see me for many months only so that I can build a successful life.I did not used to buy anything for me until I was 18.My dad used to get me everything,not because I was lazy but because he loved to.

Basically my dad is the reason I have such a wonderful life and I have so much to owe him for that.Everyday and night here I try my best to work hard and make something out of my life that can make my dad proud and smile.I have heard when I left all he talks about is me.I want to make sure I can achieve something in my life that my dad feels proud to talk about.I simply want to be like my father but to be honest I don’t think I can be half the great man he is.No matter how rich gadgets Batman has or how muscular Superman is,my dad is no less than a superhero in my eyes because he has a heart stronger and more richer than any superhero.I love you abbu!314239_497193313644207_1392587586_n1098395_493623657388383_1650150974_n

One thought on “My superhero,mentor and inspiration-“My Dad”

1. I think dads play very important roles in our lives. My dad is also my inspiration. He was the middle child out of seven and had a tough time growing up. He has overcome a lot throughout his life to make sure my sister and I have many opportunities that he never had. Every time I think I about him I get very motivated to work hard!