Review (the trilogy)

I’m a big fan of movies and television series. However, books will always be my favorite form of media. The sad thing is college hasn’t provided me with time to read as much as I would like; I’m either too busy with other things (homework or extracurriculars) or am tired of reading after being assigned books. Despite my lack of time to read, I managed to finish an amazing series.

The Renegades trilogy by Marissa Meyer is one of my favorite fiction series I have ever read. It takes place in a dystopian world, has people with powers, and the enemies-to-lovers trope. What more could you want in a book?

These books captivated my attention from the first chapter to the last sentence. After reading all three books in the Renegades series, I can say this upheld my high expectations. I hope this review encourages you to add it to your own TBR list, no matter how long said list may be.

Without any more introduction, it’s time for another rant/review.

Characters:

Nova Artino is the main protagonist in the Renegades trilogy. Look no further if you’re interested in a book with a strong female lead. Nova is strong, intelligent, and determined. Nova is an Anarchist or a villain. After the Renegades failed to protect her and her family, she intends to burn the Renegades (the superheroes of the city) to the ground. Nova may at points be narrow-minded and fueled by revenge, but she undergoes immense charter growth throughout the series. 

Nova has a strong personality that stays strong even after emotions and character development. One thing I admire about this book is how Nova never loses her independent personality. Her strength and intelligence define her, along with the flaws that make her relatable.

Another one of my favorite things about Nova is her humor. She is hilarious and sometimes doesn’t even try to be. I love books that are action-packed and comedic, and Renegades checks both of those boxes.

Nova may be the main protagonist, but she is not the only point of view readers get to see. Adrian Everhart is a Renegade, the adopted son of two Council members to be specific. Like Nova, Adrian is determined to make the world a better place. They just have different ideas of how that should happen. Adrian has a high sense of justice and is also stubborn like Nova. Like Nova’s character, Adrain is funny and undergoes a decent amount of character development. Having the Renegades trilogy split between Nova and Adrain’s points of view displays a better image of the book, making it more enticing for readers.

Adrian and Nova interacting together are almost as good as their separate characters. Both of them are well-written and feel like real people. Their interactions truly make this series one of my favorites. Their dialogue is still in my head; it was that good.

Nova and Adrain are the two main characters, but the Renegades trilogy has a lot more characters. Each character plays their part in the story. Each one is written to feel real. They have flaws and strengths.

For characters, I’m giving Renegades a 9.5/10.

Plot:

As you’ve noticed in my previous posts, my plot and enjoyment have been rather small compared to the characters. This is because I am self-aware. Media that I enjoyed makes me want to rant all day long about it. However, the longer the rant, the more apt I am to spoil it. So to make sure if you ever actually read Renegades, I’m keeping the rest of my review short and sweet.

The plot for Renegades was incredible. It was everything I could have wanted in a book. There was action and excitement. There were secret identities and superpowers. There were deep conversations about good and evil and how the world should be run. There were multiple plot twists that I never saw coming. And of course, there was the top-tier trope of enemies to lovers.

Renegades knew from start to finish what it was doing. It was a great fiction series with an even better end.

For the plot, I am giving Renegades a 10/10.

Enjoyment:

If you couldn’t tell, I liked the Renegades trilogy. From start to finish I never wanted to put the books down. I loved all the characters, some for different reasons than others. The plot was one of my favorites and had great timing. I truly think this series would be enjoyable for anyone interested in fiction/science fiction.

This series is already back on my ‘to be read’ list; that’s how much I loved this series. It exceeded my expectations in multiple ways.

For enjoyment, I give Renegades a 10/10.

Final Rating:

The final rating for the Renegades trilogy is 29.5/30. This is incredibly deserved and I recommend this to any fiction book lovers!

For more information, visit this website!

6 thoughts on “Review (the trilogy)”

1. Hi Rayann!
    I actually really love this author! My favorite books by her are Heartless and Cinder so I will definitely be taking this recommendation. I love books that have a lot of action and really interesting plot twists; it definitely makes the reading experience better!
    Nice blog!

2. ALEXISTOGEL merupakan link rekomendasi bandar togel hongkong terbaik dan terpercaya yang memiliki minimal pemasangan hanya 100 perak dengan hadiah 4d terbesar.ALEXISTOGEL

3. ALEXISTOGEL adalah situs slo*t online terbaik dengan permainan s*lot gacor resmi winrate tertinggi setiap hari untuk Anda. Daftar dan Claim Bonus Member Baru 50%, Raih keuntungan sebanyak-banyaknya!ALEXISTOGEL