Easy Review

“Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80’s movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80’s movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.”

“Welcome. This is where the magic happens. And as we all know, by ‘magic’ I mean ‘nothing.’”

If you haven’t ever seen Easy A, you’re missing out. I know I say that a lot, but seriously Easy A is a classic movie of the 2000s. Not only is it one of the best genres of movies (teen movies based on classic works) but it stars Emma Stone. Emma Stone, the movie’s star, should be reason enough to watch Easy A. However, if it isn’t, feel free to read this review/rant to decide for yourself if this movie is one worth the watch (it is).

Without any more introductions, let’s get into my last rant on this blog!

Characters:

As I mentioned before, Emma Stone plays the lead in Easy A. Olive is if nothing else, hilarious. Olive is a complex character, which makes me love her that much more. Throughout the entire movie she is pretending to do things to maintain a reputation, yet her character never truly acts fake. Olive is flawed, but she makes up for it with her witty and charming personality.

Olive is the protagonist, yet like every good form of media, the side characters stand out just as much. Personally, my favorite side character is Marianne, played by Amanda Bynes. Marianne is for sure interesting. At Olive’s high school, Marianne basically leads a cult. Marianne is one of those characters that the audience not only loves to hate but makes fun of. Also, Marianne and Olive’s interactions are absolutely hilarious. Whether they are getting along or fighting, they truly make Easy A entertaining.

Other side characters play important parts as well. Honestly, I wish I could talk about all of them, but that would take too long. So just take my word for it, that the rest of the characters in Easy A are so funny, and entertaining, and add a lot to the value of the plot. The casting director truly knew what they were doing with Easy A.

For characters, I give Easy A an 8/10. 

Plot:

The plot of Easy A is cliche, like most teen movies. However, I find that in Easy A cliche is good and not necessarily cringy. Easy A is all about a high school girl named Olive. Olive decides to make up one lie to appease her friend. That small lie turns into a huge rumor spread across the high school, giving Olive a new reputation. After being approached by other students, Olive decides to take advantage of her new reputation. Except like all movies, something goes wrong. The rumor and reputation go too far.

Overall the story is meant to be funny, yet it has great messages embedded within. The ending is one of my favorite endings to a movie. It both ties up the story but also instills a heartfelt theme into the audience.

My favorite part of Easy A is that Olive narrates over the movie throughout the entire plot. I personally enjoyed seeing the story from her view, and her commentary. Emma Stone perfectly embodies this character and makes Easy A’s plot incredibly enjoyable.

For the plot, I’m giving Easy A an 8/10.

Enjoyment:

Like I said before, Easy A is just one of those movies I feel people need to watch at least once. So it really should be no surprise that I enjoy this movie. The characters, the plot, the quality of the movie, and more make Easy A an iconic movie.

Even if I have just rewatched it this week, I would watch it again just for Emma Stone. Her performance is amazing (like it always is). She and her castmates truly bring this story to life funnily and entertainingly. The writing is amazing. The story is heartfelt, genuine, and hilarious. Together makes for a great movie and a classic 2000s movie.

Before I rant on even more, I’m going to move on to the final rating. For enjoyment, I’m giving Easy A a 9/10.

Final Rating:

The final rating for Easy A is 25/30!

Thank you for reading and if you would like to learn more about Easy A visit this website!

8 thoughts on “Easy Review”

1. I really love reading your blogs and reviews. They are really well though out and cover a lot of the important details, and I like your rating system. Thanks for some of the book and movie recs!

2. I love the in-depth analyses you make on every blog- your effort really shows in the quality of these posts! I’m such a fan of consistent formatting and the personable tone you make in these opinion pieces.

3. ALEXISTOGEL merupakan link rekomendasi bandar togel hongkong terbaik dan terpercaya yang memiliki minimal pemasangan hanya 100 perak dengan hadiah 4d terbesar.ALEXISTOGEL

4. ALEXISTOGEL adalah situs slo*t online terbaik dengan permainan s*lot gacor resmi winrate tertinggi setiap hari untuk Anda. Daftar dan Claim Bonus Member Baru 50%, Raih keuntungan sebanyak-banyaknya!ALEXISTOGEL