E-Portfolio Ideas

For my e-portfolio, I will use Wix. I chose Wix because I have previous experience with website development using this platform. Additionally, I find Wix to be the most professional-looking and navigable of the three options. I do not want my site to be “stuck” in the Penn State database after graduation, so I will not use WordPress. I also find Weebly difficult to understand.

Purpose and Audience: I believe creating an e-portfolio for internships/employment will be of the most use in the future. Thus, my target audience is future employers. Because I am using Wix, I will have access to my website after graduation and hope to update it as I continue my college career.

Tabs: My Penn State experience, and life, thus far has been characterized by advocacy for women and a passion for international affairs. I plan to include 4 tabs for my e-portfolio: “About,” “International Immersion,” “Work for Women,” and “Résumé.” My about tab will include a brief introduction to my major and areas of interest that will be further explained in the international immersion and work for women tabs.

Artifact selections: My international immersion tab will have artifacts pertaining to my life abroad (semester 1 passion blog), my “This I Believe” podcast script, my civic blog posts, and a blurb about my summer research experience with the African studies department. My work for women tab will include my issue brief, and my extracurriculars that substantiate this passion (co-ordinator of the Women’s Empowerment Roundtable and cofounder of Empowering Women in Law). My résumé tab will include my collegiate academic résumé exclusively (no high school content).

Rayna Alexander

I am a sophomore majoring in Political Science and African Studies. I hope to pursue work in academic/think tank research, public relations, government, or public policy. I love kayaking, hiking, graphic design, horseback riding, coffee, and PSU. Let's get coffee!

3 Comments

1. I think you have a solid plan for your e-portfolio, and it sounds like you already have it perfectly planned out!!

2. This sounds like a solid plan. I think for your resume tab you could make a nontraditional resume of sorts. Employers will likely already ask for a standard resume during the process, so you might want to do something unique with that resume tab.

3. Your eportfolio already sounds great! I sort of agree with Dan, the resume idea may be good since you may want to keep that exact information fresh to the eyes of future employers. Other than that, your tabs and artifacts sound very strong and I cannot wait to see your final product!