About Page

Hello! My name is Molly Pethick, and I am a freshman at Penn State! I am originally from Ellicott City, MD where my two dogs reside, Meadow and Zeek. In my free time I like to dance, hike, and kayak. I love math and physics, so I plan on majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

This blog is for my Rhetoric and Civic Life (RCL) class. As the name states, this class delves into how society persuades and is persuaded on certain issues. I will discuss some of these issues within this blog.

I will have two threads in this blog: an RCL thread and a PAS thread. My RCL thread will discuss topics guided by prompts given in my RCL class. These prompts will highlight the rhetoric behind certain issues presented in society and my stance on the way these topics are portrayed. 

My Passion (PAS) thread will discuss the various rivers I have whitewater kayaked and how each river has helped shape me as a person in addition to as a kayaker. Each post I plan on focusing on one river and how that specific river has helped guide me into being the person I am today.

I am excited to reflect on my experiences on different rivers in addition to highlighting certain issues within society and how they are portrayed.