About Me

Hello and welcome to my page!

I am Bella Alfieri and I am a freshman this year at Penn State. I am a psychology major (I’m still deciding my minor but I am leaning towards neuroscience) in the hopes of becoming a psychologist in the future.

I am the oldest of two (technically 3 if you count my dog). I am from Long Valley, NJ, which is around 3-3.5 hours from Penn State.

The RCL, Rhetoric and Civic Life, course is meant to offer training in oral, written, visual, and digital communication. It uses the art of rhetoric to strengthen one’s communication skills and create an understanding of the challenges and advantages presented by oral, written, visual, and digital communication. RCL 1 in particular focuses on analyzing and contextualizing. Students in RCL 1 learn to examine social rhetoric, learn how to talk about their findings and how to understand their research.

The RCL blog posts are meant to help the students respond to the content learned in class and enhance their writing skills in a compelling way.

The Passion or PAS blog posts allow the students to talk about something they enjoy and are excited to write about. As a horror movie connoisseur, I have decided to discuss 8 different horror movies, focusing on ones that people may not know about and aren’t as popular, in my PAS blog posts.