PAS4: OBX Treasure

The Outer Banks is a very popular TV series on Netflix. Currently, there are three seasons of the show available to watch. Most recently, the third season was released about two weeks ago on Netflix. Season one was released in the early stages of the pandemic back in April of 2020. Even though season three was just released, the series is already renewed for a fourth season. 

The Outer Banks is about a group of friends living in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. They are constantly on the hunt for historic treasure. Each season focuses on its own separate, yet connected, journey. Overall, the show is packed with many twists and turns. It is action-packed and always keeps you on the edge of your seat. 

I enjoyed watching all three seasons of the Outer Banks because of the intense character development and suspenseful plot. I watched the first season during quarantine, which was exciting since I had nothing else to do with my time. From there, I actually watched season two of the Outer Banks while I was vacationing at the Outer Banks with my family in August of 2021. We had a couple of rainy days while we were in North Carolina, so we all decided to gather around the TV and watch the entire season in just a few days. We were all very invested in the show – even my grandpa enjoyed watching it (once we turned on the subtitles). After waiting for over a whole year for season three, I was very excited to watch the third season a few weeks ago with my roommate before leaving for spring break. 

The entirety of the Outer Banks focuses on the strong friendship between the entire group of characters. Just about all of the characters have issues with their families. Therefore, they learn to rely on each other and create a family atmosphere of their own. The Outer Banks emphasizes the importance of building and maintaining strong friendships, especially for those without a stable family life.

Furthermore, the group of friends always find themselves in intense and dangerous situations. Without a strong foundation of communication, the execution of their elaborate plans would seemingly fail. Communication is also an important aspect in maintaining their friendships and romantic relationships. Especially in season three, there were some faults in communication between characters, which ultimately led to additional issues. This shows the significance of communication, whether it be for logistical or personal reasons. 

Considering everything, the plot, characters, and themes incorporated in the Outer Banks makes it an all-around good show. I highly recommend beginning this series if you have not done so already!

What time will Outer Banks Season 3 air on Netflix? Cast list, release  date, and plot explored